Location of Netrakona in Bangladesh
|• Total||2,794.28 km2 (1,078.88 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|• Density||800/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
Netrokona is situated in the northern part of Bangladesh, near the Meghalayan border. There are five main rivers in Netrokona: Kangsha,Someshawri,Dhala, Magra, and Teorkhali.
Netrokona Pouroshabha (Town of Netrakona) is a municipal town, established in 1887 and with an area of 13.63 km².
Further information History of netrakona (bengali)
Netrokona district is divided into ten upazilas.
- Atpara Upazila
- Barhatta Upazila
- Durgapur Upazila
- Khaliajuri Upazila
- Kalmakanda Upazila
- Kendua Upazila
- Madan Upazila
- Mohanganj Upazila
- Netrokona Sadar Upazila
- Purbadhala Upazila
The economy of Netrakona is largely agrarian. Susang Durgapur, an Upazila of Netrakona, is one of the major sources of country's China-Clay used for ceramic products. Its vast water bodies (Hawor) provides wide varieties of fishes. Bara Bazar and Choto Bazar is commerce centre of Netrakona.
- Durgapur : This is one of the beautiful places of Bangladesh. There are a lot of Garo hills at Bijoypur in Durgapur. There is a hill of white clay.
- Birishiri : There is a Tribal Cultural Academy. And also have a historical big pond called Sagor Dighi.
- Hawor : Hawor is a large area of water spaces. Biggest hawor is located in Mohongonj and Khaliajuri . Dingaputa is one of the biggest hawor among them.
- Madanpur Mazar (Shah Sultan Rumi): It is situated 8 km south to the Netrakona Town.
- Ranikong Mission 
The district of Netrakona consists 3146 mosques, 958 temples, 83 churches and eight Buddhist temples.
- Rebecca Momin- Member of Parliament
- Bari Siddiqui - He was a Bangladeshi singer-songwriter, flutist and folk musician.
- Humayun Ahmed - Author, dramatist and film director.
- Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal - is a Bangladeshi author, physicist, professor and activist. He is a professor of computer science and engineering at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology.
- Nirmalendu Goon - Popular writer, Poet, painter.
- Helal Hafiz - Popular Writter and Poet.
- Ahsan Habib- Writer, Cartoonist
- Lutfozzaman Babar - State Minister of Home Affairs, Government of Bangladesh (2001-2006)
- Mustafa Jabbar - President of Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS), President of Bangladesh Computer Samity
- Mustaque Ahmed Ruhi - popular figure and politician of Netrokona district.
- Late Prof. Mujibur Rahman - was a prominent educationalist and popular figure of this district
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Netrokona District.|
|This Mymensingh Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|