Beijing Municipal Prison
Beijing Municipal Prison (simplified Chinese: 北京市监狱; traditional Chinese: 北京市監獄; pinyin: Běijīng Shì Jiānyù) is a prison in Daxing District, Beijing, China. It was established in 1982. It had 1600 prisoners in 2006. It is about one hour away from the centre of Beijing by car.
It is operated by the Beijing Municipal Administration of Prisons.
As of 2009[update] it houses almost 2,000 male inmates; these inmates are sentenced to 15 or more years, and criminals with special circumstances.[which?] It has 18 workshops including an auto manufacturing plant, a plastic packaging plant and a steel factory. Produces light steel, construction templates, paper products, automobile remodeling, spray paint, spray molding, clothing and toys. Inmates use metal cutting lathes, shears, bending machines, straight cutting machines, assembly machines, flange straightening machines, arc welding generators, sewing machines, and other equipment. 
- "监狱简介." Beijing Municipal Prison. Retrieved on 15 May 2015. "通信地址：北京市大兴区219信箱"
- "Beijing Opens Its Prisons to Public Visits" (Archive) Chinese Ministry of Justice. January 20, 2009. Retrieved on December 19 2015.
- Beijing Municipal Prison - Beijing Municipal Administration of Prisons (simplified Chinese)
- Beijing Municipal Prison (old website) - Beijing Municipal Administration of Prisons (simplified Chinese)
- Laogai Research Foundation Handbook
|This Chinese prison-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|