|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2014)|
Benoy is an award winning international firm of architects, masterplanners, interior architects and graphic designers working from design studios in the United Kingdom, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai and Beijing. The company is primarily known for its global retail architecture, with projects such as Westfield London UK, Elements, Hong Kong, and ION Singapore.
Its philosophy is that 'creativity and viability are not mutually exclusive'.
Founded by Gordon Benoy as a small architectural company in rural Nottinghamshire, the company developed and grew until 1987 when, after a merger, 'Gordon Benoy & Partners' became 'Fitch Benoy'. During the early 1990s the deep recession at that time created difficulties for many in the property and construction industry. Consequently in 1992 a management buyout resulted in the current company name Benoy.
The company is headed by its chairman, Graham Cartledge CBE, who has been with the company since 1974.
The company has expanded from the UK. In 2002 it opened its first overseas office in Hong Kong which has been quickly followed by offices in Shanghai, Singapore, Beijing, Mumbai, Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur.
The company now employs over 580 staff across 10 design studios.
- London, UK
- Newark, UK
- Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Dubai, UAE
- Mumbai, India
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Shanghai, China
- Beijing, China
- Hong Kong
- ION Orchard, Singapore
- Hysan Place Hong Kong
- IFC Mall Shanghai
- Seoul International Financial Center, Seoul, Korea
- Plaza 889 Shanghai
- Central Plaza Rama 9 Bangkok, Thailand
- sky100 Hong Kong
- Plaza Singapura, Singapore
- INDIGO Beijing, China
- Swire Hotels, EAST Hotel Beijing
- Pacific Mall New Delhi, India
- CentralFestival Pattaya Beach Pattaya, Thailand
- Elements Mall, Hong Kong
- apm Mall, Hong Kong
- ISQUARE, Hong Kong
- Alabang Town Center, Philippines
- Westgate (Singapore), Singapore
- Phoenix Market City (Chennai), Chennai
Prizes and awards
- The Galleria at Sowwah Square in Abu Dhabi wins International Retail and Leisure Destination 2014 at the Global RLI Awards
- Hysan Place Wins VIVA (Vision-Innovation-Value-Achievement) Best-of-the-Best Sustainable Design and Development Award 2014 by the ICSC
- Westgate wins Best Mixed-Use Architecture Award (Singapore), Phoenix Market City (Pune), wins ‘Most Admired Shopping Centre of the Year (Non-Metro)' at ICSA 2014
- Asia Pacific Property Awards 2014, Westgate wins Best Mixed-Use Architecture Award (Singapore), EAST Hotel wins Highly Commended Honours for Hotel Interiors (China)
- Centrum Černý Most wins the Gold Award for Refurbishments and/or Expansions at the ICSC European Shopping Centre Awards 2014.
- Galerie Šantovka wins ‘Best Shopping Centre’ at the Construction Journal Awards 2013.
- MIPIM Asia Awards Four Benoy Projects.
- AIA Hong Kong Honors & Awards 2013 Hysan Place wins the Merit Award for Architecture and Sustainable Design Award for Architecture.
- Hysan Place wins Gold Award in New Design & Development and Sustainable Design Award.
- EAST Hotel in Beijing has won the Hospitality Architecture and Design (HA+D) ‘Certificate of Excellence’ in Hotel Interior Design.
- ION Orchard wins ‘Gold Prix d’Excellence Award’ at The FIABCI Prix d’Excellence Awards 2013
- Plaza Singapura Plaza Singapura wins ‘Shopping Centre Renovation of the Year’ at the Global Retail and Leisure International Awards 2013
- Parc 66 Jinan wins Best of the Best VIVA Sustainable Design and Development Award at ICSC Global Awards 2013
- Phoenix Marketcity wins ‘Most Admired Shopping Centre of the Year: Non-Metro (West)’ and ‘Most Admired Shopping Centre Marketing & Promotions of the Year: Non Metro’ at ISCF Awards 2013
- Pacific Mall wins ‘Most Admired Shopping Centre of the Year: Retailers Choice’at ISCF Awards 2013
- Queen's Award for Enterprise and International Trade 2013
- Best Mixed-use Development, Hysan Place HK won Gold at MIPIM Asia
- Best Retail & Leisure Development, Parc 66 Jinan won Silver at MIPIM Asia
- Best Retail & Leisure Development, Central Place Rama Thailand won Silver at MIPIM Asia
- Best Sustainable Design and New Design & Development, Parc 66 Jinan, won two Gold Awards at ICSC Asia Pacific Awards 2012
- Best Chinese Futura Project, Hong Cheng Plaza Project won Silver at MIPIM Asia
- Shanghai IFC won 'Certificate of Excellence' at Perspective Awards 2011
- Shanghai IFC won 'Innovation Design and Development of a New Retail Project' at ICSC Asia Pacific Awards, 2011
- Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi, won CIAT Open Award for Technical Excellece 2010
- ION Orchard, Singapore, won 'The Grand Award for Best Project Outside Hong Kong' at 2010 Quality Building Awards
- ION Orchard, Singapore, won 'International Retail and Leisure Destination of the Year, 2010
- St David's, Cardiff, wins 'International Shopping Centre of the Year'
- Company of the year at British Business Awards 2009
- Queens Award for Enterprise and International Trade 2008
- Retail / Leisure Development of the Year at the Asia Pacific Real Estate Awards 2008: Elements Mall (Hong Kong)
- Ion Orchard (Singapore) won the Building Construction Authority's Environmental Green Mark Award (Gold Certificate)
- Cathay Pacific Award for Enterprise 2006