30 December 1959 |
|Walk-on music||Cum On Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot|
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|Current world ranking||149|
|PDC premier events - best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Last 64: 2011|
|European Ch'ship||Last 16: 2010|
|UK Open||Last 128: 2012, 2013|
He is a chef by profession. Roith qualified for the 2010 European Championship via the PDC European Order of Merit. In the first round, he defeated Denis Ovens 6–4. In the second round, he gave Raymond van Barneveld a massive scare before eventually losing 10–7. Roith also qualified for the 2011 PDC World Darts Championship through the European order of merit, though he lost in the first round 3–0 to Dennis Priestley.
Roith earned a two-year PDC tour card in January 2012 on the fourth and final day of the Qualifying School with a 6–5 win over Les Wallace in his final match. He represented Germany with Jyhan Artut in the 2012 World Cup of Darts and together they were beaten 3–1 by the United States in the second round. In June, he earned a place in the German Darts Championship in Berlin by defeating Sven Mehl and Tomas Seyler in the Home Nation Qualifier. Roith played three-time world champion John Part in the first round and was beaten 6–1. In October, Roith beat Lars Erkelenz and Michael Rosenauer in the European Qualifier for the Dutch Darts Masters, but was whitewashed 6–0 by Vincent van der Voort in the first round. In an attempt to reach the 2013 World Championship, Roith lost in the quarter-finals of the Qualifier 5–3 to Stuart Kellett.
Roith began 2013 ranked world number 87. At the UK Masters he beat Justin Pipe 6–2, but narrowly lost 6–5 to Mensur Suljović in the second round. Roith lost 5–3 to Ted Hankey in the first round of the UK Open. His best run of the year came at the 14th Players Championship where he was beaten in the last 16 by Ian White. Roith qualified for three European Tour events in 2014, losing in the first round in two and beating Salmon Renyaan 6–1 at the Austrian Darts Open, before being defeated 6–2 by Wes Newton in the second round.
World Championship results
- 2011: First round (lost to Dennis Priestley 0–3)
- "2012 PDC Tour Card Qualifying School Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Cash Converters World Cup Round Two Doubles Round-Up". PDC. 4 February 2012. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- "German Aces Win Berlin Spots". PDC. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "German Darts Champs Day One". PDC. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "Dutch Darts Masters Day One". PDC. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "2012 PDC World Championship Qualifiers Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Order of Merit on 1 January 2013". PDC. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "2013 PDC UK Masters Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Speedy Services UK Open - Thursday". PDC. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Bernd Roith 2013". Darts Database. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "White Enjoys Wigan Triumph". PDC. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Bernd Roith 2014". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.