|Bishop of Warrington|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Liverpool|
|In office||2018 to present|
|Other posts||Archdeacon of Richmond and Craven (2016–2018)|
|Ordination||2001 (deacon) |
|Consecration||18 October 2018|
by John Sentamu
|Birth name||Beverley Anne Mason|
|Born||August 1960 (age 58–59)|
|Alma mater||Trinity College, Bristol|
Beverley Anne Mason is a British Anglican bishop. Since 2018, she has served as the Bishop of Warrington, a suffragan bishop in the Diocese of Liverpool. She was the Archdeacon of Richmond and Craven in the Diocese of Leeds from 2016 to 2018.
Early life and education
Mason was born in Germany. She trained for ordained ministry at Trinity College, Bristol, an evangelical Anglican theological college. During this time she also studied theology, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 2000. After a further year of training, she left theological college to be ordained.
Mason was ordained in the Church of England as a deacon in 2001 and as a priest in 2003. She served curacies at St Paul's Church, Rusthall (2001 to 2002) and St Margaret's Church, Rainham (2002 to 2005) in the Diocese of Rochester. She was then Vicar of the Church of St John the Evangelist, Upper Norwood in the Diocese of Southwark from 2005 to 2012. She was additionally Area Dean of Croydon North between 2010 and 2012.
In 2012, Mason moved to Yorkshire, having been appointed Priest-in-Charge of Church of All Saints, Bingley in the Diocese of Bradford. She was made Vicar of All Saints a year later. She was announced as the next Archdeacon of Richmond and Craven of the Diocese of Leeds in September 2015, and left All Saints at the end of 2015. She took up the appointment of archdeacon in 2016.
On 24 July 2018, it was announced Mason would become the next Bishop of Warrington, a suffragan bishop in the Diocese of Liverpool. She was consecrated as a bishop at York Minster by John Sentamu, Archbishop of York, on 18 October 2018. She was officially welcomed into the diocese during a service at Liverpool Cathedral on 17 November 2018.
- "Beverley Mason | The Diocese of Leeds". westyorkshiredales.anglican.org. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- 'MASON, Ven. Beverley Anne', Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016 ; online edn, November 2016 accessed 27 September 2017
- "Mason, Ven. Beverley Anne". Who's Who 2018. Oxford University Press. 1 December 2017. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.U286273.
- "Beverley Anne Mason". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Bishop of Warrington Biography". Diocese of Liverpool. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Campaigning vicar leaves Bingley for higher role". Bradford Telegraph and Argus. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Queen appoints new Suffragan Bishop of Warrington". GOV.UK. Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Consecration of the new Bishop of Warrington". The Archbishop Of York. 18 October 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Ven Beverley Mason to be the next Bishop of Warrington". Diocese Of Liverpool. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 24 July 2018.