Bishop of Warrington
The Bishop of Warrington is an episcopal title used by a suffragan bishop of the Church of England Diocese of Liverpool, in the Province of York, England. The title takes its name after the town of Warrington in Cheshire; the current bishop's official residence is in Prescot, Knowsley.
List of bishops of Warrington
|Bishops of Warrington|
|1918||1920||Linton Smith||(1869–1950). Translated to Hereford on 5 October 1920.|
|1946||1960||Charles Claxton||(1903–1992). Translated to Blackburn on 18 July 1960.|
|1960||1969||Laurie Brown||(1907–1994). Translated to Birmingham on 9 December 1969.|
|1970||1975||John Bickersteth||(b. 1921). Translated to Bath and Wells on 12 December 1975.|
|1996||2000||John Packer||(b. 1946). Consecrated in November 1996 at York Minster and installed at Liverpool Cathedral on 21 November 1996; translated to Ripon and Leeds|
|2000||2009||David Jennings||(b. 1944). Nominated on 11 July 2000; Resigned on 30 September 2009.|
|2009||2018||Richard Blackburn||(b. 1952) Formerly Archdeacon of Sheffield and Rotherham|
|2018||present||Beverley Mason||(b. 1960) consecrated 18 October 2018|
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2007. p. 949. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0.
- "Richard Finn Blackburn". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- Fryde et al. 1986, Handbook of British Chronology, p. 252.
- Fryde et al. 1986, Handbook of British Chronology, p. 230.
- Bishop Ordained[permanent dead link]. Retrieved on 28 August 2009.
- Suffragan See of Warrington. Number10. Dated 11 July 2000.
- Suffragan See of Warrington Archived 2009-08-30 at the Wayback Machine. Number10. Dated 27 August 2009.
- "Downing Street has announced that the next Bishop of Warrington will be the Venerable Beverley Mason, Archdeacon of Richmond and Craven in the Diocese of Leeds". Diocese Of Liverpool. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|