Beverly (Pocomoke City, Maryland)
|Location||Colona Road, Pocomoke City, Maryland|
|Area||45.9 acres (18.6 ha)|
|NRHP Reference #||75000933|
|Added to NRHP||October 29, 1975|
Beverly is a historic home located in Pocomoke City, Worcester County, Maryland, United States. It is a 2 1⁄2-story, Georgian-style Flemish bond brick house built about 1770. The house faces the Pocomoke River. An original circular ice house survives on the property.
Littleton Dennis, great great grandson of John Dennis of Beverly England, died in 1774 before the house was finished but work went on and was completed by his widow Susanna Upshur Dennis and their children and their descendents lived in the house for nearly 150 years.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Ann E. Hill and Pamela James (February 1975). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Beverly" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- Genealogical Tables of the Paternal Lines of the Dennis Family as prepared prior to June, 1890, by Judge John Upshur Dennis of Baltimore
- ″Homes of the Cavaliers″ By Katherine Scarborough. Tidewater Publishers Cambridge Maryland 1930,1969 P.382-392.
- Beverly, Worcester County, including photo from 1988, at Maryland Historical Trust
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Worcester County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|