Bhanu Sri Mehra
|Bhanu Sri Mehra|
Bhanu Sri Mehra at 60th South Filmfare Awards 2013
|Other names||Bhanushree Mehra, Bhanu Mehra|
Bhanu Sri Mehra is an Indian film actress who has appeared in Telugu, Tamil and Punjabi films.
Hailing from Amritsar, Punjab, Bhanu Sri finished her schooling in Dehradun, Uttarakhand and moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra to pursue her graduation in Mass Media. She then started modelling for commercials and print ads.
She made her debut in Gunasekhar's Varudu, which featured her alongside Allu Arjun and Arya. Prior to release, the film opted not to show any promotional material of Bhanu Sri to keep in line with the film, where Allu Arjun's character only sees her face at their wedding. The film opened to mixed reviews and was a box office bomb. The film's failure meant that she went unnoticed and did not get a lead role in a high-profile Telugu film subsequently. Before Varudu, she had done a cameo in the Bollywood film Bachna Ae Haseeno.
Bhanu Sri later went on to play the second lead in the Tamil film Udhayan alongside Arulnithi and Pranitha, which failed to achieve success, too. While she appeared in secondary characters mostly in low-profile Telugu and Tamil films in the following years, she landed starring roles in three films in the Punjabi language, her mother tongue. She also shot for a Hindi film titled Boyss Toh Boyss Hain. Several Telugu projects, including Chilkur Balaji, Prematho Cheppana, Maharaja Sri Galigadu, Lingadu-Ramalingadu, and Antha Nee Mayalone, all films she had started filming for, did not see a theatrical release. In 2015, she signed up a new Tamil film, Simba, which would see her playing a news reporter. She has completed her first Kannada film, Deal Raja, too.
|2008||Bachna Ae Haseeno||Mahi's friend||Hindi||(Cameo)|
|2012||Ding Dong Bell||Telugu|||
|2013||Fer Mamla Gadbad Gadbad||Roop||Punjabi|
|2014||Oh My Pyo||Surveen||Punjabi|
|2014||Govindudu Andarivadele||Kausalya Chandrasekhar Rao||Telugu|
|2014||Brother of Bommali||Uma Devi||Telugu|||
|2014||Vizhi Moodi Yosithaal||Megha||Tamil|||
|2015||Punjabian Da King||Punjabi|
- "Varudu heroine prefers Telugu and Tamil". Sify.
- "Bhanu Sree to Make K'wood Debut". The New Indian Express.
- "'Varudu' is routine stuff". IBNLive.
- Y. Sunita Chowdhary. "The pressure to succeed". The Hindu.
- "Bhanu Mehra: Lead In Varudu?".
- "Bhanu Sri Mehra is back". The Times of India.
- "Now, a film on Chilkur Balaji". deccanchronicle.com/.
- "Prematho Cheppana audio in February".
- "Krishnudu coming as Lingadu Ramalingadu".
- "On location: Antha Nee Mayalone - Fun and romance". The Hindu.
- "Punjabi kudi to debut in K'town". The Times of India.
- "Deal Raja review. Deal Raja Kannada movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz.
- "Ding Dong Bell Movie Review". The Times of India.
- Y. Sunita Chowdhary. "Brother of Bommali: Watchable fare". The Hindu.
- dhana (25 November 2014). "Vizhi Moodi Yosithal Movie Stills".
- "Ala Ela Movie Review". The Times of India.