This article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(November 2012) (
|Born||3 July 1960|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, music director, singer|
Bharadwaj is a Tamil film composer. He has since scored music in languages including Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam trained in Hindustani, Western and Carnatic music. He is a recipient of Kalaimamani Award for the year 2008 from Tamil Nadu Government. He had composed music for programmes on All India Radio (AIR) and DD at the age of 17.
Bharathwaj was born in Ravanasamuthram, Tirunelveli in a Tamil family and had his schooling and college education in Delhi. His father was a government official. Bharathwaj qualified as a Chartered Accountant before entering the domain of music.
Association with directors
He has scored music for almost all movies of Saran
Notable compositions with Saran
- 1998 Kaadhal Mannan - Unnai Paartha Pinbu Naan
- 1999 Amarkalam - Mahaganapathi, Megangal Ennai Thottu,Sathamillatha Thanimai Keitten.This high-geared song demonstrated his capability over a mix of ragas and the perfect blend to the story showcasing the pains of the lead actor (Ajith) in the film.
- 2000 Parthen Rasithen -Enakena Earkanave, Parthen Parthen, Kidaikaley Kidaikaley
- 2002 Gemini - O! Podu..O! Podu, Pen Oruthi
- 2003 Jay Jay - Unai Naan, May Maasam, Kaadhal Mazhaiye
- 2004 Vasool Raja MBBS - Kaadu Thirandhe, Seena Thaana doi, Pathukulle Number onnu
- 2004 Attagasam Attagasam, 'Thekku seemaiyile, Thala Pola Varuma
- 2009 Aasal - Yea Dushyantha, Totodaing
Notable compositions with other directors
- Pooveli- Nice songs
- All Songs Pandavar Bhoomi
- Apple Penne - Roja Kootam
- Ovvoru Pookalume - Autograph
- "Bharadwaj Interview". Chennai Online. 2003. Archived from the original on 2003-11-07. Retrieved 2003-10-27.
- Gautam, Savitha (2 April 2003). "Blending the best notes". The Hindu. Chennai: Kasturi & Sons. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Movie Buzz. "Bharadwaj". Sify.
- "Saran confirms Bharadwaj for Asal". By Moviebuzz. 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-29.