|Born||Silvia Gaytán Barragán
26 January 1972
Tapachula, Chiapas, Mexico
|Spouse(s)||Eduardo Capetillo (1994-present)|
|Children||Eduardo, Jr. (b. 1994)
Ana Paula (b. 1997)
Alejandra (b. 1999)
Manuel and Daniel (b. 2014)
|Relatives||Chacho, Alejandro, Daniel "Mano", Ruy Rodrigo (brothers)|
Three of her four brothers are in show business: musician Chacho Gaytán, actor Alejandro Gaytan, and singer Mano Gaytan. Her husband is singer/actor, Eduardo Capetillo. Raised in the state of Tabasco, Gaytán became famous to Mexican audiences in 1989 when she joined the musical group, Timbiriche.
In 1991, she was cast in the Televisa telenovela, Alcanzar Una Estrella II, co-starring Sasha Sokol, Ricky Martin, Erick Rubin, Angélica Rivera, Pedro Fernández, among others, as part of a fictional musical group called, Muñecos De Papel. Her song, Tan Sólo Una Mujer, was one of the most popular.
In early 1992, she was cast in what became the box office hit of the year, the film Mas Que Alcanzar Una Estrella. That same year, she got one of the leads in the soap opera, Baila Conmigo, along with singer/actor, Paulina Rubio, where she met Eduardo Capetillo, who would eventually become her husband. In December 1992, she released her first solo album, Mucha Mujer Para Ti. That album included the singles, Y Se Marcha Diciendo Perdon, No Me Importa, Mucha Mujer Para Ti, and Rock Cafe. In 1993, she starred in the telenovela, Dos Mujeres, Un Camino, alongside Erik Estrada. This telenovela became the most watched night-time drama of 1993 and 1994.
In 1998, both starred in the telenovela, Camila. One year later, the production of "Camila" ended. Rumors state that her husband Eduardo did not want BiBi to continue with acting and preferred that she raise their children while he pursued his singing career.
On June 25, 1994, at the top of her acting career, she married Capetillo. The couple have three children: Eduardo, Jr. (b. 1994), Ana Paula (b. 1997) and Alejandra Capetillo (b. 1999). In January 22, 2014, Gaytán announced expecting twins with her husband. On June 20, 2014, she gave birth to twin boys Manuel and Daniel Capetillo.
- 1990: Timbiriche X (Como Te Dire - Bibi Gaytán)
- 1991: Muñecos de Papel (Album) - Various Artists (Muñecos de Papel - Muñecos de Papel)
- 1991: Alcanzar una estrella II (Album)- Various Artists (Tan Solo Una Mujer - Bibi Gaytán) (Solo Quiero Que Me Vuelvas A Querer - Bibi Gaytán) (Fijate En Mi - Bibi Gaytán) (No Quiero Dejar De Brillar - Muñecos De Papel)
- 1992: Baila Conmigo (Album) - Various Artists (Olvidame - Bibi Gaytán) (El Primer Adios - Bibi Gaytán)
- 1992: Mas Que Alcanzar Una Estrella (Album) - Various Artists (Sha La La y Apertura - Bibi Gaytán, Ricky Martin, Alex Ibarra, Lorena Rojas) y (Piel Dorada - Bibi Gaytán)
- 1999: Ellas Cantan A Cri Cri - Various Artists (Di Por Que - Bibi Gaytán)
|1992||Más que alcanzar una estrella||Lisa||Film debut|
|1991||Alcanzar una estrella II||María del Mar "Marimar" Pérez||Lead role|
|1992||Baila conmigo||Pilar Armendia||Lead role|
|1993||Dos mujeres, un camino||Tania García||Lead role|
|1994||Lo que se vio y no se vio de Dos mujeres, un camino||Tania García||Television film|
|1998-1999||Camila||Camila Flores||Lead role|
|2004||Alegrijes y rebujos||Guadalupe||Episodes: "La fiesta" and "El orfanato"|
|2008||En nombre del amor||Sagrario Díaz de Espinoza de los Monteros||
|2016||El Señor de los Cielos||Soledad Torreblanca||Pre-production|
Awards and nominations
|1993||Best Young Lead Actress||Baila Conmigo||Nominated|
- "Bibi Gaytán, después de 2 años fuera de la TV, ¡regresa con nuevo proyecto!". TVNotas (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 September 2015.
|This article about a Mexican singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Mexican actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|