|Net worth||$1.3 Billion (2015)|
Binny Bansal is an Indian software engineer and Internet entrepreneur. In 2007 he co-founded the e-commerce platform Flipkart with Sachin Bansal (not related) and was serving as the Chief Operating Officer until 11 January 2016 and was promoted to Chief Executive Officer. In January 2017 he was promoted to Group CEO of Flipkart. Binny is from Chandigarh and graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi with a degree in Computer Science and Engineering.
Binny Bansal is originally from Chandigarh, the capital city of Punjab and Haryana. His business partner, Sachin Bansal, is also from Chandigarh. Although they share the same last name, they are not related. They both coincidentally, were students of computer science engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Binny currently resides in Bangalore. His father is a retired chief manager at a bank and mother is in the government sector, has no sibling and is married to a homemaker.
Before co-founding Flipkart, Binny was previously employed with Amazon for 9 months before that he was rejected by Google twice. Binny Bansal and his business partner Sachin Bansal initially thought of starting a comparison search engine, but realized that the market for E-commerce in India was very small. Hence, after leaving Amazon in 2007, they founded Flipkart as an e-commerce company. Before joining Amazon, Binny worked with Sarnoff Corporation for 1.5 years, where he developed a lane sensor device for cars which would warn you and beep automatically if you change lanes without giving a signal.
Awards and recognition
- In September 2015, Binny Bansal along with Sachin Bansal, was named the 86th richest person in India with a net worth of $1.3 billion by Forbes India Rich List.
- India Today magazine ranked him #26th along with Sachin Bansal in India's 50 Most powerful people of 2017 list.
- Srikar Muthyala (29 September 2015). "The List Great Entrepreneurs of India in 2015". MyBTechLife. Archived from the original on 14 January 2016.
- "Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal: Book Smart".
- "Flipkart sales hit whopping $1 bn, Sachin and Binny Bansal 'run rate' stupendous".
- "Kalyan Krishnamurthy to take over as Flipkart CEO, Binny Bansal Group CEO - FactorDaily". factordaily.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Flipkart success story revealed! Meet Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal".
- "What Flipkart's Funds Mean for its Rivals". Forbes India. Retrieved March 30, 2014.
- "Binny Bansal". Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "flipkart ceo wanted to be a gamer snapdeal chief a food and film critic". Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Before I got into Amazon, Google rejected me twice. But that did not stop me from starting Flipkart: Binny Bansal". Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Flipkart success story revealed! Meet Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal". Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Forbes India rich list: Mukesh Ambani tops for 9th year, Flipkart's Bansals debut at 86th slot". Firstpost. 24 September 2015. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "India's 50 powerful people". India Today. April 14, 2017.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|