|Elevation||745 ft (227 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||952 and 507|
|GNIS feature ID||640253|
Blakeley is an unincorporated community in Blakeley Township, Scott County, Minnesota, United States, along the Minnesota River. The community is located west-southwest of Belle Plaine near the junction of Scott County Roads 1, 6, and 60.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Blakeley was laid out in 1867. It was named for Russell Blakely, a Minnesota businessperson in transportation. A post office was established in Blakeley in 1868, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1966.
- "Blakeley, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Census Bureau. "Census of Population and Housing".
- Minnesota Place Names. Minnesota Historical Society. Accessed August 6, 2014.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 169.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 507.
- "Scott County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 7 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
|This article about a location in Scott County, Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|