|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||6 November 2008|
|Peter Babieno (CEO)|
Number of employees
Bloober Team SA is a Polish video game developer based in Kraków. Founded in November 2008, by Peter Babieno and Peter Bielatowicz, the company is best known for developing Layers of Fear (2016) and Observer (2017). The company is developing Layers of Fear 2, to be released in 2019. In January 2018, Bloober Team received the Paszport Polityki award in the "Digital Culture" category.
Bloober Team was founded by Peter Babieno and Peter Bielatowicz. The studio was originally part of Nibris, a developer set up in 2006, but sought to become independent through investor funding. The studio formally launched on 6 November 2008, employing 20 people in Kraków offices. Babieno became the chief executive officer for the company. In October 2010, following Nibris' decision to exit the game development business and the cancellation of their only video game, Sadness, many of the company's developers joined Bloober Team.
One of the turning points in Bloober Team's history was the development of Basement Crawl, which debuted alongside the PlayStation 4. Following poor reception, the studio reworked the game by re-using the core game concept while introducing new graphics, game mechanics, story and game modes. The resulting product, Brawl, was released in February 2015 to favourable reviews, and was made available free of charge for owners of Basement Crawl.
The developer received the Paszport Polityki award in the "Digital Culture" category on 10 January 2018. A new project, codenamed Project Méliès, was announced on 8 March 2018. In October that year, the title was announced to be Layers of Fear 2, to be released in 2019 by Gun Media.
|2010||History Egypt Engineering an Empire||iOS, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, Wii||Strategy|||
|Hospital Havoc||Nintendo DS||Simulation|||
|Music Master: Chopin||iOS, macOS, Microsoft Windows||Music|||
|2011||Double Bloob||Nintendo DSi||Action|||
|Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder.||Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Xbox 360||Strategy|||
|2012||A-Men||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita||Puzzle|||
|2013||Deathmatch Village||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita||Multiplayer online battle arena|||
|A-Men 2||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita||Puzzle|||
|2014||Basement Crawl||PlayStation 4||Action|||
|2015||Brawl||Android, Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4|||
|2016||Layers of Fear||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Psychological horror|||
|2017||Observer||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|||
|2019||Layers of Fear 2||TBA|||
- Gender Wars for iOS
- Future Fight, previously titled Gender Wars: The Battle, for iOS
- Last Flight for Wii
- Harris, John (2 November 2017). "Dev Q&A: How Bloober Team created 'hidden horror' in Observer". Gamasutra.
- "iFun4all uplasował wszystkie nowe akcje i celuje w NewConnect". Bloober Team. May 2016.
- "Bloober Team Breaks Down the Psychology of 'Hidden Horror' in New Video for >observer_". Gamasutra. 23 June 2017. Archived from the original on 8 May 2018.
- Elliott, Phil (6 November 2008). "Bloober team announces company formation". GamesIndustry.biz.
- Sterling, Jim (19 October 2010). "Sadness developer Nibris no longer makes videogames". Destructoid.
- Sanchez, Miranda (22 April 2015). "Brawl Coming to PS4 This Week". IGN.
- Kłosiński, Daniel (10 January 2018). "Twórcy Observer ze studia Bloober Team laureatami Paszportu Polityki". Eurogamer.pl.
- Wood, Austin (8 March 2018). "Project Méliès is the next game from Observer, Layers of Fear dev". PC Gamer.
- Chalk, Andy (25 October 2018). "Layers of Fear 2 revealed, set to come out next year". PC Gamer.
- Chan, Trevor (11 May 2011). "Egypt: Engineering an Empire Taking Over WiiWare and DSiWare". Nintendo Life.
- Kaplan, Zach (26 July 2010). "Review: Hospital Havoc (DSiWare)". Nintendo Life.
- Fletcher, JC (13 April 2010). "Music Master: Chopin is a music game for the classically inclined". Engadget.
- Chan, Trevor (17 May 2011). "Double Bloob Now Bouncing on DSiWare Instead". Nintendo Life.
- Elliot, Patrick (21 April 2011). "Bloober Team Working on NGP Launch Title". Push Square.
- Latanicki, Olivier (17 October 2012). "A-MEN out today for PS3 with PS Vita Cross Play support". PlayStation Blog Europe.
- Hillier, Brenna (18 February 2013). "Deathmatch Village beta due "really soon"". VG247.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (24 October 2013). "A-Men 2 announced for PS3 and Vita". Eurogamer.
- Pitcher, Jenna (24 January 2014). "Basement Crawl brings its grindhouse flavor to Europe Jan. 29". Polygon.
- Romano, Sal (25 October 2018). "Layers of Fear 2 announced". Gematsu.
- Wales, Matt (25 October 2018). "Observer developer unveils its classic-cinema-themed horror Layers of Fear 2". Eurogamer.
- Romano, Sal (31 August 2018). "Observer coming to Switch". Gematsu.
- GamesIndustry International (31 April 2010). "Future Fight". GamesIndustry.biz. Check date values in:
- Gilbert, Ben (February 9, 2010). "Last Flight devs announce 'Gender Wars: The Battle,' an iPad strategy game". Engadget.
- "Last Flight". Nintendo Life.