Barden with the Hiroshima Toyo Carp
April 2, 1981 |
|April 3, 2007, for the Arizona Diamondbacks|
|July 2, 2010, for the Florida Marlins|
|Runs batted in||14|
|Runs batted in||20|
|Representing United States|
Brian David Barden (born April 2, 1981) is an American former professional baseball infielder. He played for the Arizona Diamondbacks, St. Louis Cardinals, and Florida Marlins of Major League Baseball (MLB), and for the Hiroshima Toyo Carp of Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB).
Barden was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the sixth round of the 2002 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his major league debut with the Diamondbacks on April 3, 2007 against the Colorado Rockies, grounding out as a pinch hitter. His first hit was a single to center field off Shawn Hill of the Washington Nationals on April 8. That was his only hit in 6 at-bats for the Diamondbacks in the 8 games he played for them in 2007, with the rest of his time being spent with the AAA Tucson Sidewinders.
St. Louis Cardinals
Barden was batting .295 with nine home runs and 35 RBI for the Cardinals' Triple-A Pacific Coast League affiliate, the Memphis Redbirds, when his season was ended as the result of being named to the 2008 USA Olympic Baseball Team.
On December 14, 2009, Barden signed a minor league contract with the Florida Marlins. He was added to the Major League roster on April 3, but designated for assignment on July 3, 2010.
Hiroshima Toyo Carp
Los Angeles Dodgers
He signed a minor league contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers on January 5, 2013 and was assigned to the AAA Albuquerque Isotopes. He played in 123 games and hit .277, while playing primarily third base.
- "Brian Barden Register Statistics & History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved November 28, 2016.
- "Official Website of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- Signed off waivers
- "Official Website of 2008 USA Olympic Baseball Team". Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- "Barden named NL Rookie of the Month: Versatile infielder ends April with .641 slugging percentage". MLB.com. 2009-05-05.
- Mennella, Dan. "Brian Barden Opts Out Of Contract". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- "Hiroshima signs foreign infielder, given number 35". www.chugoku-np.co.jp. 2011-07-18.