Brohard, West Virginia
|County||Ritchie and Wirt|
|Elevation||965 ft (294 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1536384|
Brohard (also Hartley or Hartley Brohard) is an unincorporated community in Ritchie and Wirt counties in the U.S. state of West Virginia. Its elevation is 965 feet (294 m). Brohard had a post office, which closed on November 2, 2002.
M. M. Brohard, a local merchant, gave the community his name.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Brohard, West Virginia, Geographic Names Information System, 1980-06-27. Accessed 2008-04-23.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 112.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved December 26, 2011.
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 131.
|This article about a location in the Mid-Ohio Valley region of West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|