Brushcreek Township, Highland County, Ohio
|Brushcreek Township, Highland County, Ohio|
Distant view of Fort Hill State Memorial
Location of Brushcreek Township in Highland County
|• Total||43.3 sq mi (112.3 km2)|
|• Land||43.3 sq mi (112.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||873 ft (266 m)|
|• Density||30.2/sq mi (11.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086299|
Brushcreek Township is one of the seventeen townships of Highland County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,308 people in the township, 1,150 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Paint Township - north
- Perry Township, Pike County - northeast
- Mifflin Township, Pike County - east
- Franklin Township, Adams County - southeast coner
- Bratton Township, Adams County - south
- Jackson Township - southwest
- Marshall Township - northwest
The village of Sinking Spring is located in southeastern Brushcreek Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Highland County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.