This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2021)
The Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF), previously named Brussels International Festival of Fantastic Film (French: Festival international du film fantastique de Bruxelles, Dutch: Internationaal Festival van de Fantastische Film van Brussel) was created in 1983 as a venue for horror, thriller and science fiction films. It takes place in Brussels, every year in March. Initially organized by Annie Bozzo, Gigi Etienne, Freddy Bozzo, Georges Delmote and Guy Delmote, it now has prizes in both feature-length and short films, and also hosts an international body-painting competition.
The festival is accredited by the FIAPF as a competitive specialised film festival. Winners of the grand prize, the Golden Raven statuette, include Army of Darkness, Radioactive Dreams, and Dog Soldiers.
Winners of the Golden Raven
Other genre film festivals
- Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, South Korea
- Dead by Dawn, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Fantafestival, Rome, Italy
- Fantasporto, Portugal
- Fantasia International Film Festival, Montreal, Canada
- Fantastic Fest, Austin, Texas, U.S.
- International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival, Tempe, Arizona, U.S.
- New York City Horror Film Festival, U.S.
- Screamfest Horror Film Festival, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Sitges Film Festival, Spain
- Toronto After Dark Film Festival, Canada
- TromaDance, New York, U.S.