Bucky Covington (album)
|Studio album by Bucky Covington|
|Released||April 17, 2007|
|Bucky Covington chronology|
|Singles from Bucky Covington|
Bucky Covington is the self-titled debut album of American country music artist Bucky Covington. It was released by Lyric Street Records, the country division of Hollywood Records, on April 17, 2007. The album produced three singles — "A Different World," "It's Good to Be Us," and "I'll Walk" — all of which were Top 20 hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The song "Empty Handed" was also featured in the video game NASCAR 08.
The album was produced by Mark Miller, lead singer of the country music band Sawyer Brown, and recorded in Nashville, Tennessee. Two other members of Sawyer Brown — Gregg "Hobie" Hubbard and Jim Scholten — also contribute on background vocals and bass guitar, respectively.
|1.||"American Friday Night"||Tom Douglas||3:21|
|2.||"A Different World"||Mark Nesler, Jennifer Hanson, Tony Martin||3:28|
|3.||"I'll Walk"||Brent Wilson, Lonnie Fowler||3:30|
|4.||"Back When We Were Gods"||Ward Davis, Dan Murph||3:31|
|5.||"Ain't No Thing"||John Scott Sherrill, Chris Stapleton||4:19|
|6.||"I'm Good"||Nesler, Marti Dodson||3:03|
|7.||"Empty Handed"||Kip Raines, Stapleton||3:27|
|8.||"Hometown"||Chris Tompkins, Mark Irwin, Josh Kear||3:25|
|9.||"It's Good to Be Us"||Dave Berg, Tim James||3:04|
|10.||"Carolina Blue"||Gregg Hubbard, Mark Miller, Bucky Covington||3:52|
|11.||"The Bible and the Belt"||Marc Beeson, Tim Gates, Billy Austin||3:37|
The album debuted at number four on the Billboard 200, selling about 61,000 copies in its first week. It also debuted at number one on Top Country Albums, which was at the time the best opening week for a debut album by a male on the country charts since Billy Ray Cyrus' 1992 debut Some Gave All.; but later surpassed by Danny Gokey whose debut album sold 65,000 copies in its first week. The set has sold approximately 405,000 copies as of June 2009.
|U.S. Billboard 200||4|
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||1|
|2007||"A Different World"||6||58|
|"It's Good to Be Us"||11||81|
- Robert Bailey - background vocals
- Bucky Covington - lead vocals
- Dan Dugmore - steel guitar
- Vicki Hampton - background vocals
- Aubrey Haynie - fiddle
- Gregg "Hobie" Hubbard - background vocals
- Bobby Huff - drums, percussion, background vocals
- Blair Masters - piano, keyboard, Hammond organ
- Pat McGrath - acoustic guitar
- Dale Oliver - acoustic guitar, electric guitar, Dobro, mandolin
- Russ Pahl - acoustic guitar, steel guitar
- John Wesley Ryles - background vocals
- Jim Scholten - bass guitar
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Bucky Covington review". Allmusic. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- Bierly, Mandi (April 13, 2007). "Bucky Covington review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- Katie Hasty, "Lavigne's New 'Thing' Debuts Atop Billboard 200", Billboard.com, April 25, 2007.
- An exclusive interview with Bucky Covington
Let It Go by Tim McGraw
|Top Country Albums number-one album
May 5, 2007
Some Hearts by Carrie Underwood