Built to Fall
|"Built to Fall"|
|Single by Trivium|
|from the album In Waves|
|Released||August 16, 2011|
|Recorded||2011 in Paint It Black Studios / Audiohammmer Studios, Florida|
|Writer(s)||Paolo Gregoletto|
|Producer(s)||Colin Richardson, Martyn "Ginge" Ford|
|Trivium singles chronology|
"Built to Fall" is the second single of American heavy metal band Trivium's fifth studio album, In Waves. This song was released on August 16, 2011. It is the second single to feature drummer Nick Augusto. The album featured a sound closer to Ascendancy than The Crusade and Shogun and features a more metalcore sound than thrash metal. It reached 31 on the UK Rock Chart.
The song's video was directed by Ramon Boutviseth (Dream Theater, All That Remains) and shows the band separated in a strange "swamp like cave". There is no performance in the video. Along with the rest of the songs from the album a live performance of the song from Chapman Studios was released.
- Matt Heafy - vocals, rhythm guitar
- Corey Beaulieu - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Paolo Gregoletto - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Nick Augusto – drums, percussion
- "Trivium - In Waves [Single] - #AltSounds". Hangout.altsounds.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Trivium's Matt Heafy on New Drummer Nick Augusto's 'Death Metal Roots'". Noisecreep. 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20121024123719/http://thenewreview.net/reviews/trivium-in-waves. Archived from the original on October 24, 2012. Retrieved May 11, 2013. Missing or empty
- Pernell Fowler (2009-03-16). "Trivium - In Waves - Review | So, Bring On Mixed Reviews". Bringonmixedreviews.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Trivium - "In Waves" CD Review - in Metal Reviews". Metal Underground.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "TRIVIUM In Waves". Recordheaven.net. 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Premiere: Trivium, "In Waves" - Alternative Press". Altpress.com. 2011-06-17. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Records, Roadrunner (2012-02-08). "Watch Trivium Perform "In Waves"". Roadrunner Records. Retrieved 2013-04-22.