Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
|"Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr"|
|Single by Trivium|
|from the album Ascendancy|
|Genre||Metalcore, thrash metal|
|Songwriter(s)||Matt Heafy, Corey Beaulieu, Travis Smith, Jason Suecof|
|Trivium singles chronology|
"Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr" (often shortened to "Pull Harder", or simply "Martyr") is a song by heavy metal band Trivium. It appears on their 2005 album Ascendancy and was released as the album's second single in the same year. Metal Hammer named it "one of the decade’s biggest metal anthems".
This song used to be played as the last song in a Trivium live set, however, since 2011, they have finished with the Shogun single "Throes of Perdition". During the Ascendancy tours, the song's verse was screamed, but for a short stint of the tours after The Crusade, the song was sung live in a raspy clean voice as opposed to the recorded version. Since the release of Shogun, the song has returned to its original vocals when performed live.
At the Roadrunner United 25th anniversary concert back in December 2005, Trivium performed this song live with Machine Head's Robb Flynn on vocals. That concert was released as a DVD called The All-Star Sessions, along with a documentary.
Vocalist and songwriter Matt Heafy has described that "Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr" "is a look at a villainous tyrant; one who can simply kill and destroy on will, push his faith upon all, be hated by all other powers around - and still be loved by many that he rules."
- Matt Heafy - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Corey Beaulieu - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Paolo Gregoletto - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Travis Smith – drums, percussion
- "Trivium - Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr - Encyclopaedia Metallum". The Metal Archives. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
-  Archived April 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Trivium History and Discography". Heavymetal.about.com. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Robb Flynn And Trivium Perform 'Pull Harder...' - Roadrunner Records Uk". Roadrunnerrecords.co.uk. 2008-11-22. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "No. 47: Trivium, ‘Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr’ – Top 21st Century Metal Songs". Loudwire.com. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
|This metal song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|