|Created by||Pamela Eells O'Connell|
|Theme music composer||
by Kevin Quinn
|Composer(s)||John Adair & Steve Hampton|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||57 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||21–23 minutes|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Original release||July 31, 2015– present|
|Related shows||Jessie (2011–15)|
Bunk'd is an American comedy television series created by Pamela Eells O'Connell that premiered on Disney Channel on July 31, 2015, and is a spinoff of Jessie. The series stars Peyton List, Karan Brar, and Skai Jackson from Jessie, as well as Miranda May.
Emma, Ravi, and Zuri leave New York City and head off to Moose Rump, Maine, to spend the summer at Camp Kikiwaka, where their parents met as teenagers. The Ross children and their new friends try their best to adapt to their lives at the camp, which was founded by Jedediah Swearengen and is named after a legendary creature that lives in the nearby forest.
In "We Didn't Start the Fire", several cabins at Camp Kikiwaka are destroyed by a fire after a candle was left unattended. In the premiere of the third season, "We Can't Bear It", the Ross children return with a new generation of campers to find the cabins were never rebuilt and Gladys ran away with the insurance money. The Ross children then convince their parents to buy Camp Kikiwaka and put them in charge.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||21||July 31, 2015||May 20, 2016|
|2||21||August 23, 2016||May 24, 2017|
|3||TBA||June 18, 2018||TBA|
Cast and characters
- Peyton List as Emma Ross, the oldest of the Ross children and counselor-in-training in Cabin Woodchuck. She is shown to have a unique sense of fashion. She becomes manager of the camp in the third season.
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross, an extremely smart counselor-in-training in Cabin Grizzly. The second-youngest of the Ross children, he brings his pet Asian water monitor Mrs. Kipling to camp. In the third season, he becomes camp chef and lead male counselor.
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross, a sweet yet sharp, sarcastic, and talkative girl. She is the youngest of the Ross children and is a camper in Cabin Woodchuck.
- Miranda May as Lou, a hyperactive farm girl and Emma's friend. She is the head counselor of Cabin Woodchuck and is a longtime friend of Xander.
- Kevin Quinn as Xander (seasons 1–2), the popular head counselor of Cabin Grizzly and resident musician. He is a longtime friend of Lou and becomes the love interest for Emma.
- Nathan Arenas as Jorge (seasons 1–2), a bespectacled boy of Hispanic descent who is Ravi's friend and a camper in Cabin Grizzly. He is shown to be very messy, unclean, and calls people "weird". Jorge once claimed that he was abducted by aliens.
- Nina Lu as Tiffany (seasons 1–2), a young girl camper of Chinese descent whom Zuri befriends. She has an overbearing mother who expects a lot out of her.
- Mallory James Mahoney as Destiny (season 3), a girl who has won almost all of the beauty pageants she has competed in.
- Raphael Alejandro as Matteo (season 3), a cautious boy who can find danger in any situation, packs spider and snake bite kits, and would rather not be at Camp Kikiwaka.
- Will Buie Jr. as Finn (season 3), Lou's second cousin and a messy boy who does not care about hygiene, washing his clothes, or using his toothbrush.
- Mary Scheer as Gladys (seasons 1–2), the strict proprietor of Camp Kikiwaka who is a descendant of Jedediah Swearengen. She has been jealous of Christina Ross ever since Christina had "stolen" Morgan from her. Since then, Gladys has been unsuccessful at getting a boyfriend as most people she tries to romance end up avoiding her in various ways. By the third season, it was mentioned that Gladys left Moose Rump for good and took the insurance money for the burned-down cabins and left Christina and Morgan to gain ownership of the camp.
- Tessa Netting as Hazel (seasons 1–2), the head counselor of Camp Kikiwaka and the main counselor of Weasel Cabin who is then demoted to CIT after accidentally burning down Woodchuck and Grizzly Cabins. She is the niece of Gladys and descendant of Jedidiah Swearengen. She seeks to steal Xander's affection away from Emma.
- Casey Campbell as Murphy, the camp chef who is responsible for the terrible food and is Gladys' on and off love interest. Though gruff and gross, Murphy also ends up involved in many of the children's hijinks. In "By All Memes", it was revealed that Murphy resigned from working at Camp Kikiwaka and got a job as a chef at Camp Champion, a rival camp.
- Lincoln Melcher as Griff (season 2), a juvenile delinquent who is placed in Grizzly Cabin as part of his juvenile hall's Nature Rehabilitation Program during the second season.
- Lily Mae Silverstein as Lydia (seasons 2–3), a camper from Weasel Cabin. Lydia is known for a very dark look such as black lipstick and a bandana, and her aggressive demeanor similar to her followers.
Notable guest stars
A few cast members from Jessie reprise their roles in Bunk'd. Cameron Boyce appears as a special guest star in "Luke's Back" and "Luke Out Below", reprising his role as Luke Ross. Kevin Chamberlin appears as a special guest star in "A Bad Case of the Weasels", reprising his role as Bertram, the butler. Christina Moore appears as a guest star in "Mother May I?" reprising her role of Christina Ross.
The series was renewed for a third season by Disney Channel on August 31, 2017. On June 1, 2018, it was announced that Peyton List, Karan Brar, Skai Jackson, and Miranda May would be returning for the third season and that Raphael Alejandro, Will Buie Jr., and Mallory Mahoney would be joining the cast. The third season premiered on Disney Channel on June 18, 2018. In March 2018, actress Skai Jackson stated in an interview that she was leaving Disney and that Bunk'd would end with the third season.
In Canada, the series premiered on Disney Channel Canada on the second day of the channel's launch on September 2, 2015. The series premiered on Disney Channels in the United Kingdom and Ireland on November 20, 2015, and premiered in Australia and New Zealand on January 14, 2016.
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||21||July 31, 2015||4.24||May 20, 2016||1.25||1.76|
|2||21||August 23, 2016||1.35||May 24, 2017||0.99||1.23|
|3||15||June 18, 2018||0.97||TBA||TBD||0.83|
- Kevin Quinn (July 31, 2015). Kikiwaka (Bunk'd Theme Song). DisneyMusicVEVO. Retrieved August 1, 2015 – via YouTube.
- Matt Webb Mitovich (April 24, 2015). "Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions". TVLine. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- Denise Petski (February 29, 2016). "Bunk'd, Best Friends Whenever Renewed for Season 2 on Disney Channel". Deadline. Retrieved February 29, 2016.
- Denise Petski (August 31, 2017). "Stuck in the Middle, Bunk'd & Walk the Prank Renewed for Season 3 by Disney". Deadline. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Cindy McLeannen (April 2, 2018). "Bunk'd: No Season Four; Disney Channel Series Ending". TV Series Finale. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- "Get Ready Canada! Disney Channel Arrives on September 1!". Corus Entertainment. August 11, 2015. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Welcome to Camp Kikiwaka". TV Guide UK. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- Chuck P (December 24, 2015). "New on Foxtel in January: 200+ Shows Including War and Peace, Legends of Tomorrow and Live Sport". Foxtel. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (August 3, 2015). "Top 100 Friday Cable Originals & Network Update: 7.31.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 24, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (May 23, 2016). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 5.20.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved May 23, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (August 24, 2016). "Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.23.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 24, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (May 25, 2017). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 5.24.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- Mitch Metcalf (June 19, 2018). "Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 6.18.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved June 19, 2018.