Best Friends Whenever
|Best Friends Whenever|
|Created by||Jed Elinoff & Scott Thomas|
|Theme music composer|
by Forever in Your Mind
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||30|
|Running time||20–24 minutes|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||HDTV 720p|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||June 26, 2015 –|
December 11, 2016
Best Friends Whenever is an American comedy television series created by Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas that aired on Disney Channel from June 26, 2015 to December 11, 2016. The series stars Landry Bender, Lauren Taylor, Gus Kamp, Ricky Garcia, Benjamin Cole Royer, and Matthew Lewis Royer.
Set in Portland, Oregon, two teenage girls named Cyd and Shelby are best friends living together while Cyd's parents are on an archaeological dig in Peru. After an accident in their neighbor Barry's science lab, they are given the ability to travel in time, provided they are thinking of the time they want to go to and are touching. When it comes to their trips to the future, they briefly find themselves strapped to tables in a futuristic lab and must figure out what this means while having various adventures along the way.
Cast and characters
- Landry Bender as Cyd Ripley, Shelby's best friend who is staying with Shelby's family while her parents are away in Peru. She owns a pet dog named Diesel.
- Lauren Taylor as Shelby Marcus, Cyd's best friend.
- Gus Kamp as Barry Eisenberg, an aspiring young scientist who lives in a Winnebago that is parked outside of Shelby's backyard that he also uses for his lab. One of his lasers deflecting off a cup of chemicals gave Cyd and Shelby the ability to travel through time.
- Ricky Garcia as Naldo Montoya, Barry's best friend and lab assistant. Barry calls him "Renaldo".
- Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret Marcus, Shelby's brother who is the twin brother of Chet.
- Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet Marcus, Shelby's brother who is the twin brother of Bret.
- Mary Passeri as Astrid, the mother of Shelby, Bret, and Chet.
- Kevin Symons as Norm, the father of Shelby, Bret, and Chet. He works as an accountant at GloboDigiDyne and later gets promoted to the company's Pelican Ball Room.
- Madison Hu as Marci, a friend of Cyd and Shelby who is always relaxed.
- Larry Joe Campbell as Mr. Doyle, a gossip-loving teacher at West Portland High School who teaches science and driver's education.
- Nora Dunn as Janet Smythe, an entrepreneur and the CEO of GloboDigiDyne who has invented many things in her life, starting with wireless objects. However, she is an evil mastermind who seeks to hunt down Cyd and Shelby and plans to figure out their time travel abilities and alter time so that she can take over the country. She is eventually defeated by future Cyd and Shelby and taken away by them to be imprisoned with other people like her.
- Bryana Salaz as Daisy, a time-displaced princess from the 1500s who ended up in Cyd and Shelby's time. Whenever Cyd and Shelby do a group hug with her, Cyd and Shelby end up briefly transported back in time to where Daisy is imprisoned by an unidentified person. During her time in the present, she lives with Naldo while trying to adapt to modern day cultures. It was later revealed that the unidentified person had trapped Daisy in the tower to keep her from being taken by Sebastian.
Best Friends Whenever was created by Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas, who have also created Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja. On March 6, 2015, Disney ordered Best Friends Whenever with production starting the same month. The series was renewed for a second season by Disney Channel on February 29, 2016. The second season premiered on July 25, 2016. In February 2017, the cast took to social media to report that the series had not been renewed for a third season. On June 30, 2017, TV by the Numbers reported that the series had been canceled.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||18||June 26, 2015||May 22, 2016|
|2||12||July 25, 2016||December 11, 2016|
Season 1 (2015–16)
|Title ||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||Prod.|
|1||1||"A Time to Travel"||Shelley Jensen||Jed Elinoff & Scott Thomas||June 26, 2015||101||3.54|
Cyd moves in to live with her best friend Shelby while Cyd's parents are out of the country. On their first day of school since moving in together, Cyd and Shelby are accidentally zapped by Barry's experimental machine, giving them the power to time travel. When Shelby's elaborate plan to ask Cameron to the dance fails, she and Cyd hug while wishing she could start all over. Suddenly, the girls find themselves back to that morning, realizing that they have traveled back in time. Shelby gets a do-over to ask Cameron out but it fails again and Cameron thinks it was Cyd asking. When the girls hug, they travel two years into the future only to learn that Cyd moved out and they haven't been friends since the Cameron incident. Cyd and Shelby realize that despite their differences, they're better together. They hug and find themselves back to that morning. This time round, Shelby decides not to ask Cameron out because no boy is more important than her friendship with Cyd. The girls also discover that they time travel if they think of a time while hugging or touching each other.Guest stars: Madison Hu as Marci, Emery Kelly as Cameron
|2||2||"A Time to Cheat"||Shelley Jensen||Jed Ellinoff & Scott Thomas||July 12, 2015||102||2.02|
Shelby and Cyd are nervously studying for a test but they keep accidentally traveling forward in time to the test, unprepared. The girls conclude that they keep doing it because they can't stop touching each other. So, Cyd convinces Shelby to use their time travel power to get the test questions and use them as a study guide. They pass the test but Shelby feels so guilty that she develops a stress rash. Cyd apologizes for pressuring Shelby into cheating. To make things right, they travel back in time to tell the teacher that the test leaked. Meanwhile, Barry and Naldo experiment on Bret and Chet in an attempt to replicate time travel. One of the experiments goes wrong and burns off Barry's eyebrows.Guest star: Jocelyn Ayanna as Ms. Nesbit
|3||3||"A Time to Say Thank You"||Shelley Jensen||Michael B. Kaplan||July 19, 2015||103||1.96|
Cyd wants to show her gratitude to Shelby's family for letting her live with them. She intends to do something big that involves fire, but after traveling into the future, she's disappointed to find out that a fire almost burned down their house. She begins to doubt herself, saying that she doesn't really belong with the family. Shelby tries to cheer her up by using a candle to demonstrate how Cyd is the one who brings light to their family. Cyd is not impressed and throws the candle into the trash can. It turns out, it was the candle that started the fire that Cyd and Shelby saw after all. Meanwhile, Barry realizes that he should start thanking Naldo for helping him in the lab.Guest stars: Mary Passeri as Astrid, Kevin Symons as Norm
|4||4||"A Time to Jump and Jam"||Shelley Jensen||Debby Wolfe||July 26, 2015||104||2.01|
When Cyd's dog Diesel gets into Cyd's laundry, he finds Cyd's favorite food: a pizza-slam-rito, which were banned by the health board in 7th grade. Cyd suggests that they jump back and get one. Shelby tries to talk her out of it, but Cyd can't be swayed. When Shelby "gives up", the two try to jump back to 7th grade, but their powers aren't working. When they go to Barry, Shelby reveals that she was "jamming their jump" because she didn't want to go. Cyd, refusing to give up, tries to surprise Shelby so they will jump. Eventually, she does so, and the past reveals a secret that hurts Cyd.Guest stars: Eryn Pablico as Jen, Jocelyn Ayanna as Ms. Nesbit
|5||5||"A Time to Rob and Slam"||Shelley Jensen||Jim Hope||August 9, 2015||105||1.87|
Shelby's science teacher Mr. Doyle pairs her up with a student called The Rob. When the Rob is being a jerk, Cyd trains Shelby to slam him. Shelby finally succeeds, but feels bad. Mr. Doyle, who loves the hot gossip, tells the two that the Rob wasn't always a jerk, he became a jerk when some mean girl didn't return his romantic feelings. Cyd and Shelby jump back to try to get Rob the girl, and Cyd discovers that Shelby turned him down.
|6||6||"The Butterscotch Effect"||Shelley Jensen||Steve Jarczak & Shawn Thomas||August 16, 2015||106||1.67|
Cyd and Shelby go back in time to help Barry meet his idol. When they make it so Barry does that, they return to find that Barry has started a rock band because his idol ridiculed his theories, causing Cyd and Shelby to correct it; however, when they return to the present again, they find that Barry is an evil genius, and they go back to see that this is because they caused something else that made Barry and Naldo not meet.Guest stars: Stephen Full as Ray, Kevin Symons as Norm, Mary Passeri as Astrid, Ernie Kamp as Young Barry
|7||7||"Shake Your Booty"||Victor Gonzalez||Jed Elinoff & Scott Thomas||August 23, 2015||107||2.03|
When Shelby and Cyd are assigned an essay on disco for English class, they decide to jump back to the '70s to give them some ideas. But when they accidentally split up, the girls begin to forget each other which causes Cyd turning into a punk-like jock and Shelby a part of the disco gang as a part of being against punks. Meanwhile, having discovered that Shelby and Cyd are in danger of losing each other as well as the possibility of never getting back home, Barry and Naldo try everything to save them before it's too late.
Guest stars: Ben Giroux as Mr. Canavan, Mollee Gray as Roller GirlAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|8||8||"Back to the Future Lab"|
"Jump to the Future Lab"
|Shelley Jensen||Michael B. Kaplan||September 20, 2015||108||2.09|
Shelby and Cyd discover a strange logo all throughout Barry's lab that has a tie with their brief future experiences. Upon identifying the logo, they infiltrate the company GloboDigiDyne, where Shelby's father supposedly works. Meanwhile, Bret and Chet think that Cyd and Shelby are detectives and follow them into GloboDigiDyne at the same time when the company's CEO, Janet Smythe, is testing the new robots.
Special guest star: Nora Dunn as Janet SmytheGuest star: Kevin Symons as Norm
|9||9||"Cyd and Shelby's Haunted Escape"||Victor Gonzalez||Jim Martin||October 4, 2015||109||2.18|
|10||10||"When Shelby Met Cyd"||Victor Gonzales||Jim Hope||October 25, 2015||110||1.76|
After Cyd and Shelby return from the trip to their kindergarten years, things start going wrong when they begin de-aging due to never having time traveled to when they were that young. Barry and Naldo must help them by getting them to drink a lot of milk. However, while it works on Shelby, it does not work on Cyd. It turns out that Cyd was scared of growing up. After a pep talk from Shelby, all ends well.
Guest stars: Larry Joe Campbell as Mr. Doyle, Lauren Lindsey Donzis as 9yr old Cyd, Amiah Miller as 9yr old ShelbyAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|11||11||"Cyd and Shelby Strike Back"||Shannon Flynn and Shelley Jensen||Steve Jarczak & Shawn Thomas and Jim Martin||November 27, 2015||111–112||1.72|
Cyd and Shelby discover that Janet Smythe is the one behind the future lab and seek to get rid of the lab and GloboDigiDyne. With Barry and Naldo's help, and an unauthorized biography of Janet, the girls find out Janet came up with the idea of wireless technology after being shocked by her desk lamp in 1991. When they plan to prevent Janet from coming up with GloboDigiDyne, the results will not be as they expected.
Special guest star: Nora Dunn as Janet Smythe
Guest stars: Kevin Symons as Norm, Madison Hu as Marci, Tamela D'Amico as Young JanetAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|12||12||"The Girls of Christmas Past"||David Kendall||Kevin Engelking & Sarah Jeanne Terry||December 6, 2015||114||1.33|
Cyd is feeling guilty on Christmas Eve that Shelby's gifts are always a lot better and jumps in bed with Shelby in order to jump back to a year earlier before she moved in. Cyd does her best to keep Shelby from finding out that they jumped while Shelby was sleeping; however, Shelby eventually finds out. Meanwhile, against Naldo's wishes, Barry performs an experiment and causes a war between Bret's group and Chet's group. However, he later realizes that what he did was wrong and apologizes. His apology is accepted, but he ends up being tied up in Christmas lights.Guest stars: Kevin Symons as Norm, Mary Passeri as Astrid
|13||13||"A Time to Double Date"||Robbie Countryman||Debby Wolfe||February 21, 2016||113||1.64|
|Guest stars: Mary Passeri as Astrid, JT Neal as Drake, Jay Jay Warren as Joaquin|
|14||14||"Jump to the '50s"||Shelley Jensen||Loni Steele Sosthand||March 20, 2016||115||1.61|
Shelby's adventurous Grandma Rita comes to visit where Astrid makes a claim that she had encountered time-travelers during her youth who set her up with Shelby's future grandfather Paul. This causes Cyd and Shelby to jump to 1958 to investigate and bring Grandma Rita and Grandpa Paul together. Meanwhile, Barry works to raise money when his parents plan to sell his RV. When he learns the buyer was a jewel thief, he and Naldo try to find the jewels to buy the RV from his parents.
Special guest star: Marion Ross as Grandma Rita
Guest stars: Mary Passeri as Astrid, Anna Grace Barlow as Rita, Garrett Westton as Paul, Casey Campbell as VesperAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|15||15||"Diesel Gets Lost in Time"||Shelley Jensen||Jim Hope||April 17, 2016||116||1.55|
Barry creates a time traveling chip, however Diesel accidentally eats it. After he ruins Shelby's video chat with Drake, Shelby yells at him to disappear, which he does in front of her. Shelby alerts Cyd, and the two go the lab. Barry gives them a time tracker that he invented along with the chip, which allows the girls to see in which timeline Diesel is in. Barry warns them that they have to find Diesel before he passes the chip, otherwise he will be stuck in the timeline he was in forever. They see that he jumped back a day, however they run into another problem when they run into the Diesel from that timeline and Shelby's dad. They later find him in a club from the day before, but they are attacked by two German Shepherds. Upon climbing into a dumpster, Cyd begins to cry over possibly losing Diesel forever. Just as they are about to give up, the two Diesels (Diesel from the present and Diesel from that timeline) come to save them and scare the German Shepherds off. The girls go back to the present bringing Diesel with them. They later find themselves back ion the future lab, however they are not strapped to the tables, and Cyd has punched the guy who was removing their powers. Shelby tries to jump back, however, Cyd decides to take off the guy's helmet, who is revealed to be Barry.Guest stars: Madison Hu as Marci, Kevin Symons as Norm, JT Neal as Drake, Justin Lopez as Griff
|16||16||"Fight the Future: Part 1"||Shannon Flynn||Steve Jarczak & Shawn Thomas||May 8, 2016||117||1.33|
Upon finding out that Barry was the one who attempted to remove their powers, Shelby and Cyd question him. Barry reveals that the girls had asked him to remove their powers for unknown reasons. Shelby and Cyd time travel into the future, only to learn their school has turned into a 'Dystopian Smythe-averse'. When Cyd goes off to look around while Shelby stays to talk with Drake, Cyd learns Drake is working for Janet Smythe and has frozen Barry and Naldo in suspended animation. Drake tells Shelby about Janet Smythe's inventions and the fact that she came to the school to watch a clock being installed. The girls get caught by Janet Smythe and try to jump back, only to learn Janet Smythe implanted a time travel blocker inside the school building. Shelby figures out the time travel blocker was placed in the clock. Meanwhile, Janet calls security to take the girls to suspended animation, when Cyd starts yelling at Shelby as she's been too obsessed with Drake the past day. They get into an argument and each get weapons, but throw them at the clock and jump back to the present. After Cyd tells Shelby how she truly feels, Shelby breaks up with Drake.
Special guest star: Nora Dunn as Janet Smythe
Guest stars: Madison Hu as Marci, JT Neal as DrakeAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|17||17||"Fight the Future: Part 2"||Jon Rosenbaum||Michael B. Kaplan||May 15, 2016||118||1.63|
Janet Smythe invites herself to the Marcus' house for dinner, and Shelby and Cyd grow suspicious. They learn Janet Smythe created a tachyometer to track where Shelby and Cyd have time travelled. They jump back to before Janet Smythe came over, however, they learn she remembers every timeline she has been in, so the girls go to GloboDigiDyne with Barry and ask him to remove their powers. They learn that they only made things worse by giving away their powers, and they are powerless against Janet Smythe's inevitable future.
Special guest star: Nora Dunn as Janet SmytheGuest stars: Kevin Symons as Norm, Mary Passeri as Astrid
|18||18||"Fight the Future: Part 3"||Jon Rosenbaum||Jed Elinoff & Scott Thomas||May 22, 2016||119||1.23|
Special guest star: Nora Dunn as Janet SmytheGuest stars: Kevin Symons as Norm, Mary Passeri as Astrid, Stephanie Brait as Future Cyd, Brooke Newton as Future Shelby
Season 2 (2016)
|Title ||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||Prod.|
|19||1||"Princess Problems"||Bob Koherr||Jed Elinoff & Scott Thomas||July 25, 2016||201||1.18|
Cyd and Shelby start the new semester off nicely, but then a time rift opens up from 1522 and a girl is let out, introducing herself as Daisy. The boys and girls compete to open the rift first for Daisy. Daisy reveals she's a princess, and that her parents died when she was 12. In numerous attempts to open the rift for Daisy, Barry and Naldo end up blowing up the RV. They go to the school, where Shelby realizes that Daisy and the rift are like Mr. Doyle and his mother, because his mother "kicks him out and then pulls him back in". The girls realize that Daisy is a prisoner, and they give her the choice to stay with them or go back to 1522. She decides to stay but the rift tries to pull her back through, however, the friends manage to free her. In the new garage lab that Barry's parents built, when Daisy, Shelby, and Cyd hug, Cyd and Shelby are teleported to what seems like Daisy's tower.
Guest stars: Bryana Salaz as Daisy, Larry Joe Campbell as Mr. DoyleAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|20||2||"Worst Night Whenever"||Bob Koherr||Jennifer Glickman||July 26, 2016||202||1.12|
|Guest stars: Kevin Symons as Norm, Will Babbitt as Neil, Madison Horcher as Bianca|
|21||3||"Epic Girls' Day"||Victor Gonzalez||Erin Dunlap||July 27, 2016||204||1.24|
Cyd and Shelby decide to take Daisy to the mall for their epic girls day, however the things they used to do are only for two people. Problems occur when both Cyd and Shelby are left feeling like the third wheel. Meanwhile Bret and Chet want a new look, and Barry and Naldo disagree about how to sell Naldo's novelty T-shirts.Guest stars: Mary Passeri as Astrid, Bryana Salaz as Daisy
|22||4||"Girl Code"||Bob Koherr||Jim Martin||July 28, 2016||203||1.39|
|Guest stars: Leah Lewis as Alex, Niles Fitch as Elliot, Eric Osovsky as Reboot|
|23||5||"Derby Little Secret"||Victor Gonzalez||Rick Williams & Jenna McGrath||July 29, 2016||205||1.26|
After Cyd suggests that she and Shelby go to a roller derby against Astrid's wishes, things get complicated when they get caught and discover a hidden secret. Upon Astrid getting injured in the process during the match, Cyd and Shelby jump back in order to keep Astrid from getting hurt; however, since her parents are still in Peru, Cyd starts feeling incredibly guilty from sneaking out and is not sure if she wants to confess what she did to Astrid. Meanwhile, after Daisy reveals that she can make people knights, Barry and Naldo put their prank war on hold and compete against one another to earn their new title.Guest stars: Mary Passeri as Astrid, Bryana Salaz as Daisy
|24||6||"Night of the Were-Diesel"||Jon Rosenbaum||Rick Williams & Jenna McGrath||October 2, 2016||211||1.36|
|Cyd's plans of helping Shelby with their school's Halloween carnival, backfire when her dog Diesel gets into Barry's “concentrated, experimental” wolf hormone and gets the serum on her, thus transforming Cyd into a werewolf. With her best friend now as part-lycanth, Shelby turns to Barry and Naldo for help in order to try and help bring Cyd back to normal before her transformation is forever permanent.|
|25||7||"The Friendship Code"||Shannon Flynn||Jennifer Glickman||October 3, 2016||208||1.20|
Shelby and Barry compete against each other at a tech fair that's being held in their school as well by Shelby's hero: Dax Fraggins. But after Shelby is selected and learns that Dax is only trying to get rid of her including taking over her website, Barry struggles to warn Shelby and tries to tell her before it's too late. Feeling like she doesn't have a passion like everyone else in the group, Cyd tries to search for hers with Naldo's help but it only proves to be more difficult than she originally thought.
Special guest star: Jason Earles as Dax FragginsAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|26||8||"The Lying Game"||Victor Gonzalez||Molly Haldeman & Camilla Rubis||October 4, 2016||206||1.05|
During a friendship game with Barry and Naldo, a secret referring to Cyd leaving Shelby while she was sick to a concert escalates into an argument between them...putting their friendship on the line. Hoping to make it up to Shelby, Cyd tries letting Shelby go to a concert without her to test if it'll make them "even" but without her with Shelby, Cyd begins to feel like she isn't her best friend anymore.Guest star: Will Babbitt as Neil
|27||9||"Working Nine to Fudge"||Shelley Jensen||Molly Haldeman & Camilla Rubis||October 5, 2016||210||1.25|
Guest stars: Stephen Ellis as Jordan, Nika Williams as ZoeAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|28||10||"It's Not Ye, It's Me"||Shannon Flynn||Jim Martin||October 6, 2016||207||1.04|
When Daisy reveals to Cyd and Shelby that she has engaged to someone in her time that she despises, they offer to help her jump to her time to break it off, but it only puts their lives a greater risks. Meanwhile Daisy joins Barry and Naldo in their games in the lab, but somehow wins every time. When Barry realizes he keeps losing to Daisy, he soon discovers his true feelings for her, in a way similar to his former love with Marci.
Guest stars: Bryana Salaz as Daisy, Barrett Carnahan as Sebastian, Joe Ochman as UlrichAbsent: Benjamin Cole Royer as Bret, Matthew Lewis Royer as Chet
|29||11||"The Christmas Curse"||Shelley Jensen||Erin Dunlap||December 4, 2016||209||0.95|
|Guest stars: Kevin Symons as Norm, Mary Passeri as Astrid, Bryana Salaz as Daisy, Briella Barbusca as Krissi|
|30||12||"Revenge of the Past"||Jon Rosenbaum||Jed Elinoff & Scott Thomas||December 11, 2016||212–213||0.94|
|Guest stars: Bryana Salaz as Daisy, Barrett Carnahan as Sebastian, Rosalind Ayres as Lucinda|
Brian Lowry, writing for Variety, thought the series' pilot episode was formulaic and did not take full advantages of the time travel premise. In particular, the series "appears more content to focus on the humdrum details of Shelby and Cyd's frantic lives than, say, sending them back to meet Abraham Lincoln or ahead to a time of flying cars."
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||18||June 26, 2015||3.54||May 22, 2016||1.23||1.84|
|2||12||July 25, 2016||1.18||December 11, 2016||0.94||1.17|
- "Whenever" Music Video. Disney Channel. June 26, 2015. Retrieved August 9, 2017 – via YouTube.
- Thomas Lakeitcha (June 16, 2015). "Best Friends Whenever Fact Sheet". Disney ABC Press. Archived from the original on May 24, 2016. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- Nellie Andreeva (March 5, 2015). "Disney Channel Orders Best Friends Whenever Series Starring Landry Bender". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- Denise Petski (February 29, 2016). "Bunk'd, Best Friends Whenever Renewed for Season 2 on Disney Channel". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 29, 2016.
- Jennifer Maldonado (February 27, 2017). "Best Friends Whenever Has Been Canceled". M Magazine. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- Rick Porter (June 30, 2017). "TV Shows Canceled in 2016–17: 68 and Counting". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on December 3, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "Best Friends Whenever Episode Listings". The Futon Critic.
- "Best Friends Whenever Season 1 Episode Guide". Zap2it.
- From the United States Copyright Office catalog: "Public Catalog - Copyright Catalog (1978 to present) - Basic Search [search: "Disney Best Friends Whenever"]". United States Copyright Office.
- Mitch Metcalf (June 29, 2015). "Top 100 Friday Cable Originals & Network Update: 6.26.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 14, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 7.12.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 21, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 7.19.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 28, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 7.26.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (August 9, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 8.9.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (August 16, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 8.16.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (August 23, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 8.23.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 25, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (September 22, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 9.20.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 6, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 10.4.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 27, 2015). "Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 10.25.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (November 27, 2015). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Update: 11.27.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (December 8, 2015). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Update: 12.6.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (February 23, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.21.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (March 22, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.20.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved March 22, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (April 19, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.17.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 19, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (May 10, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 5.8.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (May 17, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 5.15.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (May 24, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 5.22.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- "Best Friends Whenever Season 2 Episode Guide". Zap2it.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 26, 2016). "Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.25.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 27, 2016). "Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.26.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 28, 2016). "Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.27.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 29, 2016). "Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.28.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (August 1, 2016). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.29.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 4, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.2.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 4, 2016). "Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.3.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 5, 2016). "Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.4.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 5, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 6, 2016). "Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.5.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 7, 2016). "Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.6.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (December 6, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 12.4.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved December 6, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (December 13, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 12.11.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Disney Channel September 2015 Programming Highlights". Corus Entertainment. September 8, 2015. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Brian Lowry (June 25, 2015). "Disney Channel's Best Friends Whenever". Variety. Retrieved July 8, 2015.