|Frequency||weekly until 28 November 2013, then online only|
|Final issue||28 November 2013|
|Company||Fairfax Media - Financial Review Group|
BRW (formerly Business Review Weekly) is an Australian business magazine published by the Fairfax Media group. It regularly compiles lists which rank corporations and individuals according to various criteria, similar to Fortune magazine in the United States. BRW provides news and commentary on the economy, business and investment in Australia. The magazine reports on successful business strategies, investments and entrepreneurialism. Cover stories and features concentrate on ways to make money and improve businesses. Each week BRW focuses on a sector or topic relevant to business people or investors.
Print edition axed
In October 2013, the owner of BRW, Fairfax Media, announced that the print version of the magazine will be discontinued, with the 28 November 2013 magazine being the last edition.
From December 2013, BRW became an online-only publication and the paywall previously in place was removed. Some popular annual lists will also be published in Fairfax's The Australian Financial Review.
Other annual lists published by BRW include:
- Fast 100 list
- Young Rich list
- Top 50 Sports earners
- Top 50 Entertainers
- Executive Rich list
- Fast Franchises list
- Fast Starters list
- Australia's Best Places to Work
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Private Business Awards
- The BRW Client Choice Awards
- The 30 Most Innovative Companies
BRW Fast Club
In 2009 BRW launched the BRW Fast Club, which was developed to drive new business opportunities, forge partnerships and discuss current business issues for Australia’s fastest growing businesses. The BRW Fast Club is a community of like-minded entrepreneurs that comprises members of the BRW Fast 100, BRW Fast Franchises and BRW Fast Starters lists from the past five years; members of the BRW Top 500 Private Companies List; and businesses who fit the criteria of the above and supply their company financials for verification. The BRW Fast Club meet throughout the year to network and discuss topics relating to cash flow management, strategic planning, business expansion, offshore expansion, finance (including managing capital and finding new sources), sales, how to sell your business, and IPOs.
- "Publisher loses fight to keep BRW in print", The Australian, 12 October 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- Larissa Ham (2012-11-14). "BRW Fast 100: From public housing to fitness empire | Jetts". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Tinkler tops young rich list - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- Chris Zappone (2010-01-20). "Greg Norman leads BRW Top 50 Sports Earners list". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- Andrew Hornery, Private Sydney (2010-12-01). "BRW richest entertainers 2010| Walking With Dinosaurs| Gerry Ryan". Theage.com.au. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest tops BRW Executive Rich List". The Courier-Mail. 2011-03-23. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- News Limited (2011-11-07). "Return of the old-fashioned milkman service". News.com.au. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Press Release: C3 Business Solutions speeds ahead, ranking in 2011 BRW Fast 100". Prwire.com.au. 2011-10-27. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- News Limited (2011-06-23). "'Hip' Google the best place to work in Australia". News.com.au. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "The 2011 BRW Entrepreneur of the Year | Business | Central Coast Business Insider". Businessinsider.net.au. 2011-03-30. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Distribution Central tops BRW Private Business Awards - nick verykios, distribution central - ARN". Arnnet.com.au. 2011-08-25. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- Kate Mills (2012-03-15). "BRW/Beaton Client Choice Awards: And the winners are...". brw.com.au. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- "The 30 Most Innovative Companies". brw.com.au. 2012-12-06. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- "BRW Fast Club". Brw.com.au. Retrieved 2012-11-20.