|Born||Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Virginia|
|Known for||representing Caroline Calloway, Justin Halpern, Cat Marnell and "Weird Al" Yankovic|
As a partner at the Waxman Leavell agency, he has overseen multiple New York Times bestsellers including #1 bestselling books Shit My Dad Says by Justin Halpern and I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max, which has sold 2 million copies since publication. Leavell also represents Rob Elliott, whose LOL series has sold more than 2.5 million copies. He also represented the anonymous Dutch novel Diary of an Oxygen Thief. Leavell also represents Cat Marnell, a former Lucky, XoJane and Vice blogger.
- Alanna Stack, Byrd Leavell III New York Times. June 22, 2016
- Haskell, Will This 23-year-old ditched her blog and started writing her memoir on Instagram — now 300,000 people are reading it Business Insider. June 22, 2016
- Newman, Andrew Adam (March 1, 2007). "Authors Find Their Voice, and Audience, in Podcasts". New York Times.
- "Waxman, Leavell Form New Agency". Publisher's Weekly. May 30, 2012.
- "Profile: Byrd Leavell". Publisher's Weekly.
- Deahl, Rachel Tucker Max Is Back—With Dating Advice Publishers Weekly. June 24, 2016
- Witt, Emily (December 13, 2011). "Sh*t My Agent Sells: The Art of Turning Instafads Into Tome-blrs". New York Observer.
- "Best sellers: Paperback Nonfiction". New York Times. November 8, 2009.
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Nonfiction". New York Times. June 11, 2010.
- Kleeman, Sophie This 23-Year-Old Is Writing Her Fairy Tale Memoir Entirely on Instagram Mic. June 22, 2016
- Dishman, Lydia (November 16, 2009). "Will Tweet for a Book Deal". Fast Company.
- Sambuchino, Sam (October 16, 2009). "Agent Advice: Byrd Leavell of Waxman Literary Agency". Writer's Digest.
- Lodge, Need a Laugh? Rob Elliott and HarperCollins Have You Covered Publisher's Weekly. June 22, 2016
- Unknown "Oxygen Thief" author becomes self-published success CBS News. June 22, 2016
- Fleming, Jr., Mike ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’ Sells To S&S Imprint Gallery After Gotham Group Buys Screen Rights Deadline. June 22, 2016
- Hoby, Hermoine (October 6, 2012). "Cat Marnell interview: shooting star". Guardian.
- EXCLUSIVE: How Comedian Daniel O'Brien Turned One Joke Into A Major Book Deal Forbes. June 22, 2016