|Industry||Packaging & Containers|
|Founded||1951 as Connecticut Chemicals (Canada) Ltd|
|Geoffrey T. Martin (CEO)|
|Revenue||2.5 billion C$ (2014)|
|190 million C$ (2014e)|
Number of employees
CCL Industries Inc. (TSX: CCL.A, CCL.B) is a Toronto, Ontario-based company founded in 1951. CCL Industries is a specialty packaging company that provides packaging products to the Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Healthcare, Apparel and Specialty markets worldwide. CCL consists of four divisions – CCL Label, CCL Container, Avery and Checkpoint with over 115 manufacturing facilities in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa operated by approximately 14,500 employees.
- CCL’s Label business is its largest business segment; contributing approximately 66% to CCL’s total sales. The Label Division provides package decorating solutions[clarification needed] and specialty label applications for global customers. CCL Label is one of the world’s largest converters of pressure-sensitive and film materials. They produce a wide range of labelling products including expanded content, 2-ply, WashOff, Shrink Sleeves, RFID and promotional pieces.
- Container business contributes approximately 12% to CCL’s total sales and is a manufacturer of sustainable aluminum aerosol cans and beverage bottles in North America. CCL Container makes shaped aluminum cans, bottles and other specialty aluminum packaging.
- Contributing approximately 22% to CCL’s total sales, Avery was acquired from Avery Dennison in 2013 and supplies media for use in Digital printers.
- Acquired in 2016.
In December 2016 CCL acquired Innovia Films Ltd for $1.13 billion Canadian Dollars.
- "Company Profile for CCL Industries Inc (CA;CCL.B)". Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "Plastic £5 note firm Innovia bought by Canada's CCL". BBC News. Retrieved 25 December 2016.
- CCL Industries official site
- CCL Label official site
- CCL Tube official site
- CCL Container official site
- CCL Label UK official site
- Label.co.uk - acquired by CCL Industries in 2014
- Etikett.de - acquired by CCL Industries in 2014
- Avery.com - Avery Products Official Site
- Avery.ca - Avery Products (Canada) Official Site