|Industry||Hospital & Healthcare|
|Founder||Dr Goh Zenton (Chief Executive Officer)|
Neo Sian Sheng (Chief Operating Officer)
Ng Hon Cheong (Chief Technology Officer)
Dr Lim Soh Min (Chief Marketing Officer)
|Products||Active Radio-frequency identification|
Cadi Scientific is a Singapore-based healthcare technology company that develops and markets wireless sensing and tracking devices base on active Radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology for healthcare institutions. Cadi Scientific is known in the Singapore Healthcare market for its Cadi SmartSense System that is designed for tracking patients' real-time locations for automating workflow as well as monitoring patients' temperatures automatically to reduce nurses' workload.
Wireless temperature monitoring technology
Using Active RFID technology, the company developed its flagship ThermoSensor, a coin-sized battery-powered temperature sensor, to wirelessly measure body temperatures in a hospital setting. The ThermoSensor revolutionizes the way body temperatures are measured. Several clinical trials had been conducted in hospitals (including Singapore General Hospital, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, KK Women's and Children's Hospital, Tuen Mun Hospital and Union Hospital) successfully. The complete system named Cadi SmartSense Wireless Temperature Monitoring System had obtained the medical CE certification and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance.
Location tracking technology
As the ThermoSensor was built based on RFID technology, the sensor was later customized into a 2-in-1 tag for Tan Tock Seng Hospital to be used also for patient location tracking. Tan Tock Seng Hospital is the first hospital that has operationally deployed the system on all 1200 inpatients in Dec 2006 for patient location tracking. The hospital then extended the system for both wireless temperature monitoring and location tracking on all inpatients since December 2008 after the detailed successful clinical trial.
A variation of the active RFID tags were also deployed in the largest hospital in Singapore, Singapore General Hospital, for enterprise-wide patient location tracking only. The hospital deployed the location tracking system operationally for all 1600 inpatients integrated with Allscripts Patient Flow solution in May 2009 to optimize bed management process from admission to discharge.
Tag-to-tag communication technology
Using state-of-the-art active RFID tag-to-tag communication technology, another variation of the active RFID tags allows infant-mother and infant-cot matching. Prince Court Medical Centre, Thomson Medical Centre, Bangkok Hospital, Singapore General Hospital, KK Women's and Children's Hospital, Gleneagles Hospital, and Gleneagles Hospital Hong Kong were the first few hospitals that deployed the Cadi SmartSense RFID Infant Safety system to ensure that the right mother is matched to the right baby and/or right baby is put into the right cot.
Board of directors
Chairman of Cadi Scientific is Professor Bernard Tan Tiong Gie. The board of directors consists of Professor Bernard Tan Tiong Gie, Dr Goh Zenton, Mr Neo Sian Sheng, Mr Ng Hon Cheong, Dr Lim Soh Min, Dr Henry Cheng, Mr Bobby Lim and Mr William Crothers.
- Ng, K. G; Wong, S. T; Lim, S. M; Goh, Z (2010). "Evaluation of the Cadi ThermoSENSOR wireless skin-contact thermometer against ear and axillary temperatures in children". Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 25 (3): 176–86. doi:10.1016/j.pedn.2008.12.002. PMC 7127543. PMID 20430278.
- "Tan Tock Seng Hospital Uses RFID to Take Patient Temperatures". RFID Journal. 28 January 2009.
- "Hong Kong Union Hospital Adopts RFID Temperature Sensors for Pediatric Patients". RFID Journal. 11 September 2012.
- "RFID Helps Understaffed Hospital Focus on Patients". RFID Journal. 28 June 2010.
- "Digital Ward – Innovating for the Hospital of the Future". Hospital Management Asia. 2007. Archived from the original on 2014-03-30.
- Business Wire (18 March 2010). "Eclipsys and Singapore General Hospital Recognized as Winners of Microsoft HUG 2010 Innovation Award". Business Wire.
|author=has generic name (help)
- "Sengkang General Hospital wins Asian Hospital Management Excellence Award 2019". Asian Hospital Management Awards 2019.
- "Singapore Hospital Implements RFID Solution to Match Babies With Mothers". RFID Journal. 7 February 2013.
- "三重认证确保婴儿抱对" (PDF). Lian HeZaoBao. 8 October 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 March 2016.
- "New infectious disease centre tracks everyone in the building in case of outbreak". The Straits Times, Lai, Linette. 7 September 2019.
- "Corporate Information".