Caloocan City Business High School
|Caloocan City Business High School
Mataas na Paaralang Pang-Kalakalan ng Lungsod ng Caloocan
|Sikatuna Ext. Urduja Village Novaliches, Caloocan City
Caloocan City, Metro Manila
|Type||Public, Business High School, Senior High School|
|Grades||7 to 12|
|Color(s)||Blue and Yellow|
Manuel O. Mari (2008-2011)
Luisito C. Orma (2011-2014)
Marivic Cruz (2014-2015)
Ginalyn B. Dignos (2015-November 12, 2015)Nimfa U. David (November 13, 2015-present)
Caloocan City Business High School (CCBHS) is a business and technical-skills oriented public high school in Caloocan City, Metro Manila, Philippines. It offers ABM (accountancy, business and management) for senior high students.
It was formerly known as "Urduja Business High School." It is on Sikatuna Ext., Urduja Village, Barangay 172, Caloocan City North. CCBHS is operated by the local city government. It is intended for students who want to excel in fields of technology and business. As of now, Caloocan City Business High School is the 1st in 'National Achievement Test' in Caloocan.
Caloocan City Business High School (CCBHS) will be the only standalone public senior high school in Caloocan starting academic year 2017-2018. Caloocan City Business High School's program is open to all junior high school graduates who want to enhance and hone their skills for the better future from 11th and 12th grade starting academic year 2016-2017·
- Manuel O. Mari led the "Urduja Business High School" from 2008 to 2011.
- Luisito C. Orma led the school from 2011 to 2014. He is a former principal of Caloocan City Science High School.
- Marivic Cruz led the school from 2014 to 2015.
- Ginalyn B. Dignos led the school from 2015 to November 12, 2015. She is a former principal of Caloocan National Science and Technology High School.
- Ma. Nimfa U. David: She is a former principal of Baesa High School.
History and Founding
Caloocan City Mayor Enrico Echiverri on Sunday announced the opening of the city’s first business and technical skills-oriented public high school in June.[when?]
According to Echiverri, the government-run business high school is in what was originally Urduja High School in Barangay 172, in the city’s first district.
He said that what sets the Urduja Business High School apart from other secondary high schools is that "besides following the Basic Education Curriculum ... the Urduja Business High School would also educate students with business and management subjects."
Echiverri said an apprentice of the public trade school is expected to learn essential skills and capabilities to be self-reliant and have a strong business sense.
Urduja Elementary School principal Carmelita Kilala said other specialized secondary schools, like science high schools, may emphasize additional science and math subjects into their curriculum. "With the city’s business high school, students learn not only math for example but business math, business English instead of basic English, and so on," Kilala said. "Students would also be introduced to basic and simple accounting, finance, information technology systems, marketing, organizational behavior, human resource management, and problem solving analysis," she added.
Echiverri said some 200 applicants were able to pass the rigid entrance examinations facilitated by faculty members of the Caloocan City Science High School about a month ago.
Echiverri hopes his "pet project" in partnership with the Division of City Schools would result in more entrepreneurs and businessmen being produced by Caloocan in the near future.
A Learning Institution that produce holistic individual business oriented and globally competent.
A learning Institution that creates individuals who are intelligent, business oriented and morally upright through combined responsibility to all stake holder
The Merchant (Official English Publication Of CCBHS) Ang Merkader
The campus include a four-storey yellow building; it is the first building of the school. A three-storey orange building was added during the 2014-2015 school year. In 2016 a new four-storey building was started to built.
- TLE Month: July
- Filipino Month: August
- Science Month: September
- A.P. Month: October
- English Month: November
- Edukasyon sa Pagpapakatao (E.s.P.) Month: December
- Mathematics Month: January
- MAPEH Month: February
Application and admission
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- He/She must be a sixth grader who is a candidate for graduation from a public or private school preferably in Caloocan City.
- He/She must have a grade not lower than 82% in all subject areas per quarter. Since the test is administered before graduation, Third Grading grades should be considered.
- He/She must be of good health condition, of good moral character, and should not have been involved in any violation of school rules and regulations or case of misbehavior during his/her stay in the elementary school and, more importantly, not a member of any fraternity.
- He/She must pass the selection test and the interview of the Selection Committee.
The examination consists of a battery of proficiency tests in Science, Mathematics, English, Filipino, and Business Education.
Requirements to be submitted upon filing:
- Two pieces of 1x1 identical latest ID pictures with White background.
- Correctly and completely accomplished Caloocan City Business High School Forms.
- Authenticated photocopy of Form 138 (with Third Grading grades).
- Barangay certificate.
To be secured and submitted to Caloocan City Business High School. The date of submission of files and the date of the selection test will be announced by the school.
Mr. and Ms. Teen Red Cross 2012: Camille Burgos
CCBHS Elites hammered a 75-60 victory against the power-house Camarinians title led by their top shooting forward Kenneth Potenciano and top gunner Jacob Pascual.
CCBHS Champions the Street Dance Battle held at Monumento Circle, in commemoration of Andres Bonifacio's 150th birthday (November 30, 2013).
CCBHS Speech Choir bagged the 2nd place for 2013 Cluster-Division Meet held at Tala High School. (December 9, 2013)
First place Red Cross Speech Choir Caloocan held at Caloocan High School (August 31, 2014).
Mr. and Ms. Teen Red Cross 2014: Christine Joy B. Espanola.
Champion of SPARK 2014 held in University of the Philippines, SSG SY. 2014-2015
CHAMPION Project OSCAR 2014
Third place Red Cross Speech Choir Caloocan held at Robinsons Novaliches (August 30,2015)
CHAMPION Brigada Eskwela 2015
- Caloocan City Public Schools
- "Caloocan opens first business-oriented high school". The Philippine Star. The Philippine Star May 26, 2008