Carlos Alberto Batres González (born April 2, 1968, in Guatemala City) is a Guatemalan football referee. He has refereed FIFA World Cup qualification and final tournament matches, and at Olympic tournaments.
He officiated at the 2002 FIFA World Cup, presiding over the Group A match between Denmark and Senegal and the second round match between Germany and Paraguay. He was also preselected as a referee for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
World Cup matches officiated
|Tournament||Date||Venue||Round||Team 1||Result||Team 2|
|2002||June 6, 2002||Daegu World Cup Stadium, Daegu||First Round||Denmark||1 – 1||Senegal|
|2002||June 15, 2002||Jeju World Cup Stadium, Seogwipo||Round of 16||Germany||1 – 0||Paraguay|
|2010||June 13, 2010||Peter Mokaba Stadium, Polokwane||First Round||Algeria||0 – 1||Slovenia|
|2010||June 20, 2010||Mbombela Stadium, Nelspruit||First Round||Italy||1 – 1||New Zealand|
|2010||July 3, 2010||Ellis Park Stadium, Johannesburg||Quarterfinals||Paraguay||0 – 1||Spain|
- "Carlos Batres: Serio y de pocas bromas". Diez.hn. 2008-11-19. Archived from the original on February 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- List of prospective 2010 FIFA World Cup referees
- "Algeria-Slovenia". fifa.com. 2010-06-13. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- "Murió madre de árbitro Carlos Batres". nacion.com. 2010-06-10. Retrieved 2010-06-16.
- "New Zealand captain slams referee". Yahoo! Sports FIFA 2010 World Cup Coverage. 2010-06-20. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
| FIFA Club World Cup final match referees
|This biographical article related to Guatemalan association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|