Caroline Ryder (born, November 12, 1980) is a writer, based in Los Angeles, California, known for her work with LA Weekly, Dazed magazine and the Los Angeles Times and for co-authoring Dirty Rocker Boys, named among the "50 greatest rock memoirs of all time" by Rolling Stone magazine. 
Born to an Irish father and Brazilian mother in Madrid, Spain, she was raised in London, England and educated at Haberdashers' Aske's School for Girls in Elstree. She graduated from the London School of Economics, working at MTV Europe and Warner Music before moving to Los Angeles in 2005. After meeting street artist Shepard Fairey at a nightclub in Hollywood, she became an editor for his magazine Swindle, interviewing members of the IRA for a cover article on pro-terrorism murals, as well as Black Panther Bobby Seale, actress Pam Grier, porn publisher Larry Flynt, singer Nancy Sinatra and Larry Clark.
Known for her coverage of the LA indie music and fashion scenes, she became one of the LA Weekly 's first fashion bloggers. In 2007, she was hired by the Los Angeles Times to act as style editor of their youth culture portal, Metromix. She was named style editor of Variety until being laid off in 2008.
In 2012, she became a columnist for KCET's Artbound.
- Co-author of the 2015 Gwar biography Let There Be Gwar.
- Co-authored the Sunset Strip memoir Dirty Rocker Boys and, "Cherry on Top: Flirty, Forty-Something, and Funny as F*ck," alongside Bobbie Brown. 
- Co-author of Kicking Up Dirt with X Games champion Ashley Fiolek.
In 2013, it was announced that Sony Films was developing an adaptation of Kicking Up Dirt.
She is a graduate of USC's School of Cinematic Arts, where she gained her MFA in Writing for Screen and Television.
- "Dirty Rocker Boys; Amazon". Retrieved March 23, 2020.
- Sheffield, Rob (March 23, 2020). "Greatest Rock Memoirs of All Time". Rolling Stone. Retrieved March 23, 2020.
- "Swindle : Painting The Town by Caroline Ryder" (PDF). Cain.ulst.ac.uk. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Roderick, Kevin (October 19, 2005). "Blogging Fashion Week". LA Observed. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Roderick, Kevin (April 25, 2007). "Morning Buzz: Wednesday 4.25.07". LA Observed. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Finke, Nikki (December 4, 2008). "UPDATE: Layoffs Gut Hollywood Reporter; Variety's Stylephile Victim Of Recession". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "The Future is Odd". Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Cruz, Lenika (May 9, 2012). "American Idol Meets Arts Journalism, in KCET's Artbound – Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events". LA Weekly. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "Yo-landi Visser: dark star | Dazed". Dazeddigital.com. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "Dazed & Confused". Exact Editions. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Gorman, Bob (September 2015). Let There Be Gwar. ISBN 978-1584235965.
- Brown, Bobbie; Ryder, Caroline (November 26, 2013). Dirty Rocker Boys. Gallery Books. ISBN 978-1476734705.
- "Kicking *Up Dirt: A True Story of Determination, Deafness, and Daring eBook: Ashley Fiolek, Caroline Ryder: Books". Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN Director Will Be KICKING UP DIRT With Motorcross Champ, Ashley Fiolek " Rama's Screen". Ramascreen.com. Retrieved March 7, 2015.