Casaleggio railway station
The passenger building.
Via Roma, 18|
28060 Casaleggio NO
Casaleggio, Novara, Piedmont
|Operated by||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
|Distance||12.083 km (7.508 mi) from Novara|
|Opened||18 May 1939|
Casaleggio railway station (Italian: Stazione di Casaleggio) is the train station serving the comune of Casaleggio, in the Piedmont region, northwestern Italy. It is the junction of the Biella–Novara.
The station is currently managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). However, the passenger building is private residence. Train services are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
The station was opened along with the rest of the line from 18 May 1939, becoming however operation only since 20 July 1940 because of the need to complete several systems and the absence of the rolling stock.
From 21 January 1961, in advance to the end of the concession to the "Società Ferrovia Biella-Novara (SFBN)" company, the management of the railway line passed to the state and the exercise of the stations was assumed by Ferrovie dello Stato.
Two tracks of which are equipped with platforms.
The station is served by the following service(s):
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Biella San Paolo - Novara
|Preceding station||Trenitalia||Following station|
toward Biella San Paolo
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Piedmont
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- Luigi Ballatore, Storia delle ferrovie in Piemonte, Il Punto, Torino, 2002, pp 165-166. ISBN 978-88-88552-00-2.
- FENIT 1946 1996, Roma, Ed. FENIT, 1996.
- Nico Molino, 7 automotrici da Biella a Novara, in Italian: I Treni Oggi, n. 48, marzo 1985, pp. 18-24.
- Ordine di Servizio n. 1 del 1961
- "Stazioni del Piemonte" (in Italian). www.rfi.it. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
Media related to Casaleggio railway station at Wikimedia Commons