Castella is a small, unincorporated community of 240 in the upper Sacramento Canyon of Shasta County, California. It is located 46 miles north of Redding on Interstate 5, and is home to Castle Crags State Park. It has a Chevron gas station/store and a post office. The ZIP Code is 96017. The community is inside area code 530.
Commerce and tourism
Located in the Shasta Cascade area of Northern California, Castella sees many visitors and has a number of summer homes in the area. Visitors use Castella as a base to engage in nationally recognized trout fishing in the nearby Sacramento McCloud and Klamath, Rivers, or come to see and climb Mount Shasta, Castle Crags or the Trinity Alps. Visitors also engage in nearby skiing (both alpine and cross-country), or bike or hike to the waterfalls, streams and lakes in the area, including nearby Mossbrae Falls, Lake Siskiyou, Castle Lake and Shasta Lake.
- Siskiyou County information site Archived 2009-08-17 at the Wayback Machine. accessed 2008-02-21.
- Ross, John (2005). Trout Unlimited's Guide to America's 100 Best Trout Streams, Updated and Revised. Guilford, CT: The Lyons Press. ISBN 1-59228-585-6.
- Brooks, Wade (2006). Fly fishing and the meaning of life. St. Paul, MN: Voyageur Press. ISBN 0-7603-2575-8., p. 92. Excerpts of the text of this book are available here courtesy of Google Books,
- Outdoor recreational activities in area accessed 2008-02-24.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
|This Shasta County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|