Catalyst Game Labs
|This article is outdated. (January 2014)|
Catalyst Game Labs was created in May 2007 by InMediaRes Productions, LLC for the purpose of publishing print Classic BattleTech and Shadowrun sourcebooks. In June 2007, Wizkids transferred the licenses for both Classic BattleTech and Shadowrun from FanPro's United States subsidiary to Catalyst, and in June 2008, Catalyst announced new novels for Shadowrun and Classic BattleTech, as well as the MechWarrior series.
Most of the individuals responsible for the success of both CBT and Shadowrun at FanPro moved to Catalyst when it acquired the licenses.
Properties & Expansion
- Paparazzi - a card game casting players as celebrity-hounding paparazzi, competing with each other to take the best pictures of the biggest (and most controversial) stars in Hollywood. The game was created by Adam Jury, who has worked on previous CGL products such as Classic Battletech and Shadowrun.
- Ooze the Cook - a light-hearted “beer and pretzels” game where up to four players take on the roles of slimes and jellies living in a tavern, trying to grow large enough to eat the tavern’s patrons and cook. The game features several random elements meant to symbolize the Oozes’ lack of cognitive thinking. The art for the game will be provided by John Kovalic (Dork Tower, Munchkin).
- Leviathans - a miniatures wargame about lighter-than-air battleships originally due out in late 2011. Due to production problems, the game didn't reach the street until August 22, 2012.) The game is set in an alternative version of the early 20th century.
- Cosmic Patrol - a role-playing game set in a retro future based on the Golden Age of science fiction.
- Valiant universe - a superhero role-playing game set in the Valiant Comics fictional universe.
- InMediaRes Productions, LLC forms imprint Catalyst Game Labs (BattleCorps.com, May 15, 2007)
- Catalyst Game Labs (June 24, 2008). "Catalyst Game Labs bring Classic BattleTech, Shadowrun, and MechWarrior novels back to bookstores".