|Defunct||September 12, 2007|
|Parent||Microsoft Game Studios|
In 1996, FASA Interactive and Virtual World Entertainment, another company created by FASA Corp founders Jordan Weisman and L. Ross Babcock, became wholly owned subsidiaries of Virtual World Entertainment Group (VWEG). In 1999, Microsoft Corporation purchased VWEG to acquire the talent at FIT and the intellectual properties of FASA Corp. The VWE component of VWEG was sold to a group headed by VWEG's former CFO, James Garbarini. FASA Interactive then became a FASA Studio, a component of Microsoft Studios. As such, the company developed games exclusive to the Windows and Xbox platforms. Its headquarters were located in Redmond, Washington, only a few miles from Microsoft Corporation's main campus.
FASA was officially shut down on September 12, 2007 with only the Community Manager and Technical Support Manager positions remaining active to support their games. Microsoft subsequently licensed the rights to produce electronic adaptations of FASA games back to Weisman, who directed a venture called Smith & Tinker. Smith & Tinker closed down November 8, 2012.
- MechCommander – PC (1998)
- MechWarrior 4: Vengeance – PC (2000)
- MechWarrior 4: Black Knight – PC (2001) - with Cyberlore Studios
- MechCommander 2 – PC (2001)
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries – PC (2002) - with Cyberlore Studios
- Mechassault – Xbox (2002)
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge – Xbox (2003)
- Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf – Xbox (2004)
- Shadowrun – PC, Xbox 360 (2007)
- Keefer, John (March 31, 2006). "GameSpy Retro: Developer Origins, Page 18 of 19". GameSpy. Archived from the original on June 9, 2007.
- McWhertor, Michael (2007-09-12). "Shadowrun Developer Shuts Down". Kotaku.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-16. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- Weisman licenses MechWarrior, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies rights back from MS (internet finally notices) - Joystiq
- "Smith & Tinker CrunchBase". Retrieved 2015-03-23.
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|