Academia is a general term for the whole of higher education and academic research. The word comes from the Greek referring to the larger body of knowledge, its development and transmission across generations. In the 17th century, English and French religious scholars popularized the term to describe certain types of institutions of higher learning.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Academia.|
This category has the following 30 subcategories, out of 30 total.
- ► Academic freedom (1 C, 17 P)
- ► Academic genealogies (5 P)
- ► Academic institutions (18 C, 43 P, 4 F)
- ► Academic organizations (7 C, 56 P)
- ► Academic terminology (7 C, 80 P)
- ► Works about academia (2 C, 20 P)
Pages in category "Academia"
The following 110 pages are in this category, out of 110 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).