|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Secularism.|
Secularism is the principle of the separation of government institutions and persons mandated to represent the state from religious institutions and religious dignitaries. One manifestation of secularism is asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people.<ref group="Notes">See also Separation of church and state and Laïcité.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Christian secularism (8 P)
- ► Age of Enlightenment (13 C, 97 P)
- ► Secular Jewish culture (9 C, 27 P)
- ► Islam and secularism (8 P)
- ► Secularist organizations (2 C, 30 P)
- ► Secularist political parties (29 C, 146 P)
Pages in category "Secularism"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).