Category talk:Fictional dogs
|WikiProject Dogs||(Rated Category-class)|
|WikiProject Fictional characters||(Rated Category-class)|
Raikou, Entei, and Suicune should not be in here. They are based more on wildcats than on dogs. Seven-point-Mystic 18:08, 27 June 2006 (UTC)
How to subdivide this list?
I'm thinking that this list could use some subdividing. I started with mythological dogs, but after that it's not so obvious. E.g., we could have:
or we could have
- Category:Animated, cartoon, and comic dogs and Category:TV and film dogs portrayed by real dogs (these are a bit wordy but perhaps you know what I mean)
The dividison is challenging because there are bound to be some that are in more than one category, so what's the best division?
There's also likely to be overlap with
- Category:Dogs in literature (?) e.g., Lassie would also be in TV & movies
- Category:Dogs in literature appears to have been removed. The children's book Part-Time Dog by Jane Thayer supposedly features a famous Dachsund. Could someone please verify & add if that dog's not already listed? Jodi.a.schneider 02:31, 14 October 2006 (UTC)
- Category:Dogs in literature is still there; you-all were just linking to it wrong. Categories are a method of organising articles, and there's apparently no article for Part-Time Dog, let alone one for the dog itself, so there's no way of adding it to any category. --Paul A 02:13, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
I attempted to edit the page but was unable to...? I wanted to add Seymour, Fry's dog in the cartoon Futurama, specifically from the episode "Jurassic Bark" —Preceding unsigned comment added by Skintigh (talk • contribs) 26 July 2007
- You don't edit categories directly; you edit the article you want to add to the category. (See Wikipedia:Categorization#How to categorize an article for more about this.) There isn't an article about Seymour, so there's no way to add him to any category. (You could add him to List of fictional dogs if you wanted, except that somebody already has.) --Paul A 02:13, 26 July 2007 (UTC)