|Owner||Arapahoe County Public Airport Authority|
|Serves||Denver–Aurora Metropolitan Area, Colorado|
|Location||Dove Valley CDP, Colorado|
|Elevation AMSL||5,885 ft / 1,794 m|
Centennial Airport (IATA: APA, ICAO: KAPA, FAA LID: APA) is a public use airport owned by the Arapahoe County Public Airport Authority in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area, 15 nautical miles (17 mi, 28 km) southeast of downtown Denver, Colorado, USA. Located in Dove Valley, a census designated place in Arapahoe County, the airport’s runways extend into Douglas County.
The airport opened on May 12, 1968 as Arapahoe County Airport, and was renamed on July 13, 1984. The new name reflects Colorado’s admission to the Union as the 38th state in 1876, the centennial of the United States Declaration of Independence.
In 1985 a new control tower was built. It is an international airport with continuous U.S. Customs services and is one of the busiest general aviation airports in the United States with an average of 874 operations per day. The Federal Aviation Administration control tower and associated air traffic control services are continuous; Runway 35R has a Category I Instrument Approach.
Centennial Airport covers 1,400 acres (567 ha) at an elevation of 5,885 feet (1,794 m). It has three asphalt runways: 17L/35R is 10,001 by 100 feet (3,048 x 30 m); 17R/35L is 7,000 by 77 feet (2,134 x 23 m); 10/28 is 4,800 by 75 feet (1,463 x 23 m). In 2010 the airport had 283,186 aircraft operations, average 775 per day: 86% general aviation, 11% air taxi, and 3% military. 858 aircraft were then based at this airport: 67% single-engine, 16% multi-engine, 14% jet, and 2% helicopter.
Airlines and destinations
|Denver Air Connection
operated by Key Lime Air dba Elite Airways
|Charter: Grand Junction|
|AirNet Express||Columbus–Rickenbacker, Des Moines, Portland (OR)|
|Western Air Express||Salt Lake City|
- FAA Airport Master Record for APA ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Dove Valley Business Park". Dove Valley Metropolitan District. Retrieved 2015-03-11. The postal designation of Englewood, a city located some 7 miles (11 km) west of Dove Valley CDP, is used in the airport’s mailing address. Centennial Airport: Contact Details Archived April 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 2015-03-11.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Dove Valley CDP, CO" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on April 1, 2015.
- "Directions" (). Centennial Airport. Retrieved on April 1, 2015.
- FlightAware > Resources > Airport > Centennial Airport (Denver, Colorado) [KAPA/APA]
- "About." Key Lime Air. Retrieved on April 2, 2015. "Based at Centennial Airport in Englewood Colorado, Key Lime Air is strategically positioned to be able to offer convenient service to either the West coast, Central or East coast of the United States." and "13252 E. Control Tower Rd. Englewood, CO 80112"
- "Contact Us". Air Methods. Retrieved April 2, 2015.
Corporate Headquarters 7211 S. Peoria Englewood, CO 80112 and Air Methods’ headquarters are located on the north side of Centennial Airport in Englewood – West side of Peoria Street, just south of Easter Avenue
- "Arapahoe County Assessor". Arapahoe County. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27.
- Denver Air Connection - Destinations, Retrieved 2013-11-18
Media related to Centennial Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Centennial Airport, official site
- Centennial Airport (APA) at Colorado DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of April 2002 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective February 2, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for APA, effective February 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport: