Central Jersey Regional Airport
|Central Jersey Regional Airport|
Front of the airport as seen from County Route 533
|Airport type||Public use|
|Owner||Central Jersey Airport Services Inc.|
|Serves||Manville, New Jersey|
|Location||Hillsborough Township, Somerset County|
|Elevation AMSL||86 ft / 26 m|
Central Jersey Regional Airport (IATA: JVI, FAA LID: 47N) is a privately owned, public use airport in Somerset County, New Jersey, United States. The airport is one nautical mile (2 km) south of the central business district of Manville. It is located in Hillsborough Township and was formerly known as Kupper Airport. This facility is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport.
On the airport property is the Van Nest – Weston Burying Ground, a small cemetery.
Facilities and aircraft
Central Jersey Regional Airport covers an area of 119 acres (48 ha) at an elevation of 86 feet (26 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,510 by 50 feet (1,070 x 15 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 1, 2008, the airport had 24,300 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 66 per day. At that time there were 107 aircraft based at this airport: 85% single-engine, 6% ultralight, 6% multi-engine, 2% glider, and 1% helicopter.
- Fuel: 100LL
- Aircraft service
- Aircraft rental
- Pilot lounge and supplies
- Pizza & Pasta Restaurant
- Ramada Inn 4 mi 732-560-9880
- Double Tree Hotel 732-469-2600
- Car rental Dollar 732-563-9800
- FAA Airport Master Record for 47N ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (JVI: Manville / Kupper)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "Central Jersey Airport Services". Retrieved October 25, 2015.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27.
- Central Jersey Regional Airport (47N) at New Jersey DOT Airport Directory
- Central Jersey Airport Services, the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of April 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 47N, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|