|Native name||چاند نواب|
1963 (age 54–55)|
|Education||Poly Technical College|
Life and career
Chand Nawab was born in Mirpurkhas, Pakistan later his family moved to Karachi. He started his career by joining Indus News where he worked as a journalist and anchor. He gained public recognition by a video uploaded by his colleagues in 2008. In the video, Nawab tried to record a film to camera on a stairway at a railway station but he was repeatedly interrupted by passengers. The unedited video became viral on social media.
Kabir Khan, the director of the film Bajrangi Bhaijaan, added Chand Nawab's role to that film. Nawab was played by Nawazuddin Siddiqui. After the release of the film, Nawab became more prominent. In an interview to Hindustan Times, Nawab said that he started receiving job offers and roles in TV commercials from various TV channels and companies,But I am not interested in TV shows and filmography.
- Entertainment Desk (22 July 2015). "Chand Nawab is now a hero back home, I am thrilled: Kabir Khan". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Pak news reporter gets famous with 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'". AP News Corner. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- Akhtar Blouch (27 July 2015). "Chaand Nawab's route to stardom: A viral video, lost jobs and Bajrangi Bhaijaan". DAWN. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Nawazuddin Siddiqui's role in Bajrangi Bhaijaan, inspired from Chand Nawab, made Nawab a star". Dunya News. 24 July 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- Rezaul H Laskar (23 July 2015). "Thanks to Bajrangi Bhaijaan, I've been offered roles in TV ads: Chand Nawab". hindustan times. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- First Post (21 July 2015). "Nawazuddin's role in Bajrangi Bhaijaan inspired by hilarious real-life Chand Nawab". First Post. Retrieved 17 August 2015.