Cheese Cake (album)
|Live album by Dexter Gordon Quartet|
|Recorded||June 11, 1964|
|Venue||Jazzhus Montmartre, Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Dexter Gordon chronology|
Cheese Cake (subtitled Dexter In Radioland Vol. 2) is a live album by American saxophonist Dexter Gordon recorded at the Jazzhus Montmartre in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1964 by Danmarks Radio and released on the SteepleChase label in 1979.
AllMusic critic Scott Yanow stated "This particular LP features the great tenor with a rhythm section comprised of Europe's best ... Gordon takes long solos that never seem to run out of ideas, making this set a valuable addition to his lengthy discography".
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
All compositions by Dexter Gordon except where noted.
- Introduction by Dexter Gordon – 2:20
- "Cheese Cake" – 14:00
- "Manhã de Carnaval" (Luiz Bonfá, Antônio Maria) – 9:30
- "Second Balcony Jump" (Billy Eckstine, Gerald Valentine) – 13:30
- Dexter Gordon – tenor saxophone
- Tete Montoliu – piano
- Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen – bass
- Alex Riel – drums
- Dexter Gordon catalog accessed March 7, 2017
- SteepleChase Records discography, accessed March 7, 2017
- Jazzlists: Steeplechase Records 6000 series discography, accessed March 7, 2017
- Yanow, Scott. Cheese Cake – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved March 7, 2017.