|Village of Chinchilla|
|U.S. Congressional District||PA-10|
|School Districts||Lakeland (Region III)
Abington Heights (Region III)
|• Total||2.580 sq mi (6.69 km2)|
|• Land||2.500 sq mi (6.475 km2)|
|• Water||0.080 sq mi (0.21 km2)|
|Elevation||1,165 ft (355 m)|
|• Density||839.2/sq mi (324.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern Daylight (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||De facto
18411 (Clarks Summit)
|GNIS feature IDs||1198566 (Village)
Chinchilla is a village and census-designated place in Scott and South Abington Townships, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. The CDP's population was 2,098 at the time of the 2010 United States Census. It was known as Leach's Flats until renamed by a postmaster in the 1880s after her pet chinchilla. Chinchilla is located in the gorge of the Leggetts Creek, which flows southward into the Lackawanna River on the north side of Scranton. Interstate 81 and U.S. Route 6/11 use the gorge between Scranton and Clarks Summit. It has its own post office, zipcode is 18410.
- "2010 Census Interactive Population Search". Census.gov. U.S. Department of Commerce. 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- "Magisterial District Judges". Lackawanna County. Lackawanna County. 2015. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- 2014 Census National Places Gazetteer File for Pennsylvania (Report). U.S. Department of Commerce. 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- "Chinchilla". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 2 August 1979. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- "Look up a ZIP CodeTM". USPS.COM. USPS. 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Chinchilla Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 10 June 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- ">Origin of town names of Northeast Pennsylvania". Retrieved 7 July 2013.
||Clarks Summit||Clarks Green||Green Grove|
|Newton Township||Dickson City|
|Ransom Township||Scranton||Dickson City|
|This Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|