|Born||April 1, 1970|
|Residence||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Occupation||Speaker, author, marketing consultant|
Chris Brogan (born April 1, 1970) is an American author, journalist, marketing consultant, and speaker about social media marketing.
Early life and education
Brogan’s book, Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust (2009), written with Julien Smith, became a New York Times bestseller, and hit the Wall Street Journal bestseller list (#8), and the Amazon top 100 list (#30). Brogan’s second book was Social Media 101: Tactics and Tips to Develop Your Business Online (2010). His other titles include Google+ for Business and The Impact Equation (co-authored by Julien Smith).
Brogan wrote for Entrepreneur magazine. In 2012, his blog, chrisbrogan.com, was in the Top 5 of the now defunct Advertising Age "Power150" ratings. Chris launched the PodCamp unconference series (aimed at bringing together people interested in blogging, social media, social networking, podcasting, video on the net) with Christopher S. Penn. He Won the Mass High Tech All Stars award for 2008.
- Brogan, Chris The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Entrepreneurship for Weirdos, Misfits, and World Dominators. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2014 ISBN 978-1118800553
- Brogan, Chris and Carly, Jacqueline Just Start Here: Lose Weight, Get Stronger and FINALLY Succeed at Your Goals. Boston: BossFit/Owner Media Group, 2014
- Brogan, Chris and Fisher, Josh It's Not About the Tights: An Owners Manual on Bravery. Portland, Maine: Human Business Works, 2013
- Brogan, Chris and Fisher, Josh Superheroes in the Basement . Portland, Maine: Human Business Works, 2013
- Brogan, Chris and Smith, Julian The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?. New York: Portfolio Hardcover, 2012 ISBN 978-1591844907
- Brogan, Chris Google+ for Business: How Google's Social Network Changes Everything. Indianapolis, Indiana : Que Publishing, 2011 ISBN 978-0789749147
- Brogan, Chris Social Media 101: Tactics and Tips to Develop Your Business Online. New York : John Wiley & Sons, 2011 ISBN 978-0470563410
- Brogan, Chris and Smith, Julian Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust. New York: John Wiley & Sons], 2009 ISBN 978-0470743089
- Schawbel, Dan (2012-10-25). "Chris Brogan: The Secrets to Standing Out Online". Forbes. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Schuessler, Jennifer (September 6, 2009). "HARDCOVER ADVICE & MISC.". New York Times. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
13. TRUST AGENTS, by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith (Wiley)
- Marketwired Webinar: The Impact Equation With Chris Brogan, The Wall Street Journal, April 9, 2013, retrieved October 8, 2013
- Interview: Chris Brogan, N2growth.com, retrieved October 8, 2013
- Listen to Chris Brogan!, Poetrytechnology.com, retrieved October 8, 2013
- Backaitis, Virginia (2012-06-29). "Think Social Media is Technology? You May Want to Think Again". CMSWire. Simpler Media Group. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- "Chris Brogan". Entrepreneur magazine. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Ad Age Power 150". Ad Age. Archived from the original on 2012-04-04. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
Rank #3 at access date
- "Powering Down the Power 150". Advertising Age. 2013-07-15. Retrieved 2015-03-27.
- "PodCamp Community UnConferences". Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Mass High Tech announces All-Stars award winners". September 5, 2008. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
Social Media: Chris Brogan, Vice President, Strategy and Technology, CrossTech Media
- "Human Business Works". Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "What is Kitchen Table Companies and What’s in it For Me?". Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Seiple, Pamela (Aug 19, 2009). "Chris Brogan Appointed to HubSpot's Advisory Board". HubSpot.
- Morgan, Nick (2014-06-24). "Here's How To Realize Your Dreams -- Become One Of Chris Brogan's 'Freaks'". Forbes. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- "Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust". Goodreads Inc. Retrieved 2015-02-01.