||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||10 April 1972|
Chris 'Korkey' Corcoran (born 10 April 1972) is a 6'4" Welsh comedian and broadcaster. Before becoming a comedian, he taught history at Barry Comprehensive School and was the head of history at Rosedale College (previously Hayes Manor School).
Along with Elis James, Corcoran regularly performed as 'Mr Chairman' in Chris Corcoran's Committee Meeting, a live comedy show at The Ponty Muni Arts Centre in Pontypridd. In 2013 the two made a BBC Three pilot called The Committee Meeting based on their stand-up show as part of the channel's "Comedy Feeds" season, available to watch on the BBC's iPlayer. The pilot guest-starred Colin Baker.
After supporting Rob Brydon on his tour of Wales 2009, in the spring of 2010 Corcoran took a stand-up show, What Goes On Tour, Stays on Tour, around the country. In August of the same year he took a revised version of the show to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
I love it. I can’t believe I get paid for talking rubbish every Saturday with one of the funniest people in the country who also happens to be my mate. My funniest moment so far is when Rhod and I were talking about a mouse in the house and I ended up role-playing a mouse in a restaurant ordering penne arrabiata with Rhod as the waiter. It’s the most I’ve laughed on air, although in fairness you probably had to be there.
In August 2013, he started hosting the BBC Radio Wales comedy series Come the Revolution, where in each episode he welcomed a different comedian to chat about life, politics and comedy in front of a live audience. Among the guests on the show were Miles Jupp, Josie Long and Jarred Christmas.
In May 2014, Corcoran started hosting his own show on BBC Radio Wales. It is broadcast on Saturday afternoons.
- Doodle Do
- Easy Ryder: Chris Corcoran's Guide To The Ryder Cup (for the 2010 Ryder Cup)
- Nelly Nut (voice)
- Wales and the Other Five Nations: The England Game/The Story So Far (for the 2011 Rugby Six Nations)
- Wales On Wheels (2011)
- "Chris Corcoran: What Goes on Tour, Stays on Tour's description : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide". Chortle.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "BBC Radio 4 Extra - Jest a Minute, Series 2, Episode 4". Bbc.co.uk. 2013-03-01. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "BBC Radio Wales - Come the Revolution". Bbc.co.uk. 2014-04-26. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "BBC Radio Wales - Chris Corcoran". Bbc.co.uk. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2016-05-28.