Chris Liebing at Amnesia, 2012
|Birth name||Christopher Liebing|
|Born||11 December 1968|
Gießen, Hesse, Germany
|Origin||Gießen, Hesse, Germany|
|Genres||Techno, tech-house, minimal techno|
|Years active||Early 1990s–present|
|Labels||CLR, Fine Audio, Primate Recordings, Novamute|
In the early 1990s, Liebing became active on the Frankfurt dance music scene. He opened the Spinclub techno club in 1994, and worked at Eye Q Records in Frankfurt. He formed his first label, 'Audio' in 1996, which was followed in 1999 by CLR.
In 2005, he worked with Speedy J on the Collabs 3000: Metalism album, released by Novamute. The album was described by Billboard as "one of the year's best collections of original electronic music".
In 2009, he launched the CLR Podcast, which was made available every Monday via iTunes and CLR's own website. The podcast was voiced by Liebing and featured guest mixes from a wide variety of techno DJs. Amongst the more notable guests was Depeche Mode's Martin Gore. The podcast ran weekly until 2015 when the 315th and final episode was broadcast. It was replaced by a new weekly podcast entitled am/fm, which features only mixes and live recordings by Chris Liebing himself.
Liebing has played at Space and Amnesia in Ibiza, and Fabric in London, and large festivals such as Time Warp. In 2018, Liebing launched his first album in eight years: Burn Slow on Mute Records. The album included vocal contributions from artists such as Gary Newman and Polly Scattergood. The album art was derived from a painting by Jan Brueghel the Younger.
Chris became a vegan in 2011.
- "Chris Liebing on family, fortune and his first album in eight years". DJMag.com. 21 September 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- Kellman, Andy "Chris Liebing Biography", Allmusic. Retrieved 7 June 2014
- "Chris Liebing Biography", Resident Advisor. Retrieved 7 June 2014
- Kleinfeld, Justin (2004) "Chris Liebing Evolution", CMJ New Music Report, 19 January 2004, p. 24. Retrieved 7 June 2014
- Mason, Kerri (2005) "Collabs 3000: Metalism", Billboard, 17 December 2005, pp. 35-36. Retrieved 7 June 2014
- Chris Liebing ends CLR Podcast series"", Resident Advisor. Published March 9, 2015. Retrieved June 7th, 2015
- "Mixmag feature - Chris Liebing".
- "Review: Chris Liebing - Burn Slow". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- "Mute Records • Chris Liebing • New Album 'Burn Slow' Out Now". Mute Records. 7 September 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2020.