Christ Church (Port Republic, Maryland)
Christ Church – North Side, December 2008
|Nearest city||Port Republic, Maryland|
|Architectural style||Gothic Revival|
|NRHP Reference #|||
|Added to NRHP||November 12, 1975|
The Christ Church is a historic Episcopal church located at Port Republic, Calvert County, Maryland, United States. The church is a three-bay-wide, five bays long, beige stucco covered structure featuring stained glass in most of the tall paired round-arched sash windows. It is the mother Episcopal Church of Calvert County and its oldest continually worshipping congregation. Middleham Chapel was started from this congregation as a Chapel of Ease. Christ Church Parish was one of the original 30 Anglican parishes in the Province of Maryland. Burials in the church cemetery include former U. S. Representative Thomas Parran, Sr. and United States Coast Guard Admiral Merlin O'Neill.
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- William M. Plummer (April 1974). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Christ Church" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- United States Congress. "Christ Church (id: P000077)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Thomas Parran at Find a Grave
- Merlin O'Neill at Find a Grave
- Christ Church, Calvert County, including undated photo, at Maryland Historical Trust
|This article about a property in Calvert County Maryland that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|