Christ Hospital (Jersey City, New Jersey)
|Location||176 Palisade Avenue|
Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
|Hospital type||General regional|
Christ Hospital is in Jersey City, New Jersey. It is affiliated with Hoboken University Medical Center and the Bayonne Medical Center. It is one of the six hospitals in Hudson County, New Jersey operated by the for-profit organization Hudson Hospital Opco, known as Care Point Health. According to a study conducted by National Nurses United and released in January 2014, the hospital was the 9th most expensive in the state, charging 763% above costs.
The Christ Hospital School of Nursing was established in 1890 and since 1999 has run a cooperative program with Hudson County Community College. In 2014 it merged with the Bayonne Medical Center nursing school.
In 2011 it was announced that the hospital would be sold to Prime Healthcare Services. The proposed sale was the focus of significant community concern, generated competing offers, and Prime Healthcare's original offer was withdrawn on February 1, 2012. The hospital filed for bankruptcy proceedings in 2012, and was eventually awarded to what was deemed the highest bidder for $43.5 million.
- Ferrer, Ana M. (March 21, 2013). "Hudson County's six hospitals look to build on the successes of 2012 in 2013". The Jersey Journal. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- Renshaw, Jarrett (October 4, 2011). "Bayonne Medical Center could shut out some Medicaid recipients under new agreement with insurance company". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "CarePoint Health Launches in Hudson County, New Jersey". Business Wire. May 6, 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- Guglielmo, Wayne (October 15, 2012). "Combine or Decline". New Jersey Monthly. Retrieved 2013-05-18.
- Hack, Charles (June 29, 2012). "Christ Hospital's new owners sever contracts with all insurers except Horizon Blue Cross". The Jersey Journal. Retrieved 2013-05-08.
- Livio, Susan K. (December 7, 2013). "Federal judge confirms Christ Hospital sale to CarePoint Health; overturns competitor's lawsuit". NJ.com.
- Livio, Susan K. (January 6, 2014). "Report: N.J. hospitals most expensive in the U.S. and Meadowlands hospital is at the top". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Our History". Retrieved 2011-11-12.
Christ Hospital was founded in 1872 with a radical mission ...
- "History". Christ Hospital School of Nursing. Christ Hospital. Archived from the original on 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Nursing schools in Hudson County set to merge". The Jersey Journal. April 2, 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "Assemblyman Ramos on Christ Hospital sale I have serious concerns". Hudson Reporter. November 10, 2011. Archived from the original on April 5, 2012. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
In July Christ Hospital officials announced that they had signed a letter of intent to sell the 381-bed nonprofit facility to Prime Healthcare Services, a for-profit company that owns and operated 14 private hospitals in California.
- Travis Fedschun (December 15, 2011). "CEO of Christ Hospital defends deal to sell Jersey City hospital to California-based Prime Healthcare Services, now undergoing FBI investigation of its billing practices". The Jersey Journal. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
Amid a standing-room-only crowd of more than 100 last night, Peter Kelly, the CEO of Christ Hospital in Jersey City, defended the proposed $15.8 million sale of the hospital to California-based Prime Healthcare Services at a community meeting...
- "Owner of two Hudson hospitals makes offer to buy a third -- Christ Hospital". The Jersey Journal. December 27, 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
In a letter sent to Christ Hospital CEO Peter Kelly dated Dec. 23, Hudson Hospital Holdco LLC has made an initial bid of $91.6 million to buy the debt-ridden Jersey City hospital.
- "Jersey City Medical Center offers to buy nearby Christ Hospital for $104 million". The Jersey Journal. January 26, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
The JCMC, which is partnering with Community Healthcare Associates in the bid, would keep Christ Hospital as a non-profit acute care facility for at least 30 years and maintain the existing unions...
- Terrence T. McDonald (February 1, 2012). "Prime Healthcare pulls out of deal to purchase Christ Hospital in Jersey City, sources say". The Jersey Journal. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
The controversial California healthcare chain seeking to purchase Christ Hospital has pulled out of the deal, two sources have told The Jersey Journal.
- McDonald, Terrence T. (February 8, 2012). "A day after Jersey City's Christ Hospital files for bankruptcy protection, a group opposed to its sale to a California chain holds rally to stress that the community should have a say in any plans". NJ.com.
- McDonald, Terrence (March 27, 2012). "Bankruptcy judge awards Christ Hospital to Hudson Holdco, owner of hospitals in Bayonne and Hoboken". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Adolph Lankering, 86, Of Hoboken, Is Dead. Mayor There From 1902 to 1906 and One of Wilson's First Political Boosters". New York Times. February 4, 1937. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
Adolph Lankering, former Mayor of Hoboken, who was one of the original 'boomers' of Woodrow Wilson for Governor of New Jersey and later for President, died at Christ Hospital, Jersey City, yesterday. ...