Canyon at the F.O.X.E. Awards in February 2006
|Born||June 17, 1966|
Pasadena, California, United States
|Other names||Christie Canyon, Cristy Canyon, Missy, Tara White, Sara Wine, Tara Wine, Linda Daniel, DeeDee|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
Canyon has performed in over 100 adult films. She retired from performing in front of the camera three times, having shot films from September 1984 to March 1985; June 1989 to December 1992; and 1995 to 1997 (as an exclusive/contract performer for Vivid). She also appeared in photo spreads for Penthouse and Swank magazine.
In her autobiography, Canyon stated that porn actor Greg Rome approached her while she was waiting for a ride in Hollywood, and told her that she would be a terrific figure model. He gave her the business card of adult magazine and film recruiter/agent Jim South, of World Modeling Agency. After visiting South's office, Canyon posed for men's magazines and began her video career shortly thereafter. She has stated that her first on-screen performance was with Ron Jeremy in 1984's "Swedish Erotica 57," and that Jeremy soon became a close friend in the business.
In a 2005 interview on Taylor Wane's radio show, Canyon stated that off camera she had unprotected sex (without condoms) with all of her male co-stars during her time with Vivid Entertainment in the mid-1990s.
From 2005 to March 2011, she was co-host of Sirius XM Satellite Radio's Playboy Radio show Night Calls. As of April 2011 she became co-host of Sirius XM's Spice Sex Circus with Ginger Lynn and sole host of Sirius XM's weekly Legends of Porn. She co-hosted Radio Sex You Porn on Sirius/XM Channel 102, until October 2013 when the channel went off the air. In December 2013, she became the host of The Christy Canyon Show on Vivid Radio on Sirius/XM Channel 102.
Canyon is retired from performing in adult films and dancing on the road, but she still has an adult-related career, concentrating on her website, working as a host for Vivid Radio, and selling merchandise on eBay and ABIBIDS. In 2003, she published her autobiography, titled Lights, Camera, Sex (ISBN 0-9727470-0-1). In November 2005, she appeared as a judge on the first season of Jenna's American Sex Star.
Canyon was born in California to an Armenian-American father and an Italian-American mother. She has been married and divorced three times and is the mother of two adopted children.
- 1991 F.O.X.E. Female Fan Favorite
- 1992 F.O.X.E. Female Fan Favorite
- 1995 XRCO Hall of Fame
- 1996 AVN Best Tease Performance for Comeback
- 1997 AVN Best Group Scene - Film for The Show
- 2004 Free Speech Coalition Lifetime Achievement Award 
- AVN Hall of Fame
- WPINK (1984)
- I Like To Be Watched (1984)
- Hollywood Starlets (1985)
- Educating Mandy (1985)
- Black Throat (1985)
- Holly Does Hollywood (1985)
- Savage Fury (1985)
- Star 90 (1990)
- Passages 1-4 (1991)
- Comeback (1995)
- Oral Addiction (1996)
- Domination Nation 1 and 2 (both 1997)
- The Top 25 Adult Stars of All Time (1999)
- Canyon, Christy (2004). Lights, Camera, Sex!. Canyon Publishing. p. 34. ISBN 978-0-9727470-0-4.
June 17th, 1984. I woke up alone on my eighteenth birthday.
- "Life After Porn: The Retirement Challenge".
- Canyon, Christy (2004). Lights, Camera, Sex!. p. 23.
- Christy Canyon & Taylor Wane Swap Guy Yarns Archived 2014-08-10 at the Wayback Machine
- "Playboy Radio". Archived from the original on March 26, 2006. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Night Calls". Dogstar Radio. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- Spice Radio Archived 2011-04-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Staff. "Porn: When the Camera Stops". ABC News via YouTube. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Lyrics for "Heaven Is" on the official OMD website". Archived from the original on 2016-11-09. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- Modesti, Kevin (14 February 2009). "For Vivid Celebration, A Star Is Porn Again". Los Angeles Daily News. Archived from the original on 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2019-08-28.
- "Adult Video Awards". CanBest.com. Archived from the original on February 5, 2003. Retrieved Dec 23, 2007.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on 2008-08-28. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Archived from the original on January 27, 2012. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "Sex and Free Speech, Renaissance Style". Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on October 11, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christy Canyon.|