|Launched||September 20, 1993|
|Owned by||Savings Deposit Insurance Fund|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Replaced by||Al Jazeera Turk|
Cine5 was the first subscription-based television channel in Turkey. It was aired encrypted and primarily broadcast feature movies when it was founded on September 20, 1993. Subscribers were required to buy a decoder to watch the channel. The number of subscribers reached over half a million. However, in recent years, it enlarged its program spectrum due to competition from other movie based channels and removed encryption and the subscription policy on January 16, 2006. On February 15, 2011, the channel was put up for sale and bought by Al Jazeera to launch Al Jazeera Türk.
- Bibliyofil - Metin Üstün
- Deniz'den Mutfak Hikayeleri - Deniz Orhun
- Kubbealtı Hikayeleri - Belkıs Kamut Aktürk
- Yüzleşme - İpek Tuzcuoğlu
- "Turkey's Deposit Insurance Fund to sell three media organs". World Bulletin. 18 January 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Al-Jazeera to buy Turkey's Cine 5 TV station for 40.5m dollars.". Access My Library. 12 February 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
|This article about a television station in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|