|Launched||4 December 2003|
|Owned by||Disney Channels Worldwide |
(Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International)
|Picture format||480i/576i (SDTV)|
and 1080i (HDTV)
|Slogan||It's Their Choice|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|DirecTV (U.S.)||Channel 425|
|DigitAlb (Albania)||Channel 14|
|Good TV (Thailand)||Channel 66 (HD)|
|My TV (South Africa)||Channel 6|
|Dolce (Romania)||Channel 155|
|D-Smart (Turkey)||Channel 123|
|Meo TV (Portugal)||Channel 44|
|Directv (South America)||Channel 999 and 201|
|SKY México (Mexico, Central America and Caribbean)||Channel 324|
|UPC (Austria)||Channel 406|
|Telefonica (Colombia)||Channel 309|
|UNE (Colombia)||Channel 128|
|Dish Network (Mexico)||Channel 315 (Spanish)|
|OTE TV (Greece)||Channel 505|
|DishTV (India)||Channel 983 (SD) |
Channel 982 (HD)
|MNC Vision (Indonesia)||Channel 40|
|Transvision (Indonesia)||Channel 228|
|Nexmedia (Indonesia)||Channel 114|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 677 (SD) |
Channel 676 (HD)
|yes (Israel)||Channel 81|
|OSN (Middle East|
& North Africa)
(Middle East & North Africa)
|Channel 104 (HD)|
|D2H (India)||Channel 515|
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 618|
|Dish Home (Nepal)||Channel 806|
|Dish Network (U.S.)||Channel 824 (SD/HD English)|
Channel 9940 (Mandarin)
|SkyCable (Philippines)||Channel 122 (Digital)|
|Destiny Cable (Philippines)||Channel 122 (Digital)|
|Parasat Cable TV (Philippines)||Channel 104|
|Virgin Media||Channel 703|
|Cable TV Hong Kong||Channel 516|
|Naxoo (Switzerland)||Channel 125|
|Cytavision (Cyprus)||Channel 28|
|Unitymedia (Germany)||Channel 250|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 232|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 310|
|Kabel Deutschland (Germany)||Channel 845|
|UPC Romania||Channel 509|
|Smallworld Cable (UK)||Channel 640|
|MELITA Cable (Malta)||Channel 459|
|GO Digital Multiplus (Malta)||Channel 404|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 211|
|In Digital (India)||Channel 874 (HD) (English Feed Only)|
|HOT (Israel)||Channel 75|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 448|
|World On Demand (Japan)||Channel 502|
|Fetch TV (Australia)||Channel 150|
|Belgacom (Belgium)||Channel French 140, Dutch 130|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 244( HD)|
Channel 245 (Baby TV on Demand)
|AT&T U-verse (U.S.)||Channel 330|
|PEO TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 63|
|PTCL Smart TV (Pakistan)||Channel 50|
|Vodafone (Portugal)||Channel 56|
|CHT MOD (Taiwan)||Channel 100|
|Unifi TV (Malaysia)||Channel 968 (old) |
Channel 562 (new)
|Sling TV||Internet Protocol television|
BabyTV is a television channel for babies, toddlers, and parents, owned by Disney Channels Worldwide. Launched in 2003, BabyTV is distributed in over 100 countries, broadcasting in 18 languages (as of 2013).
- BabyTV was first developed in 2003 as a channel in Israel by Ron Isaak, Maya and Liran Talit and members of their family.
- BabyTV was first launched on 4 December 2003, and on 8 October 2007, News Corp's Fox International Channels acquired a major stake in BabyTV, placing it alongside its international offerings of Fox Crime, FOX, National Geographic and others.
- In 2006, Indovision with Dori Media Distribution started operating BabyTV in Indonesia. Re-brand as Vision 3 Baby, this channel is dubbed in Indonesian and has the same program content and schedules which Baby TV Asia beams; however, advertising is different on both beams.
- BabyTV was also launched on Sky Digital in the UK on 5 February 2007.
- In 2008, French authorities banned the broadcasting of programs aimed at children under the age of 3, and ordered warnings to be included on foreign channels available in France such as BabyTV and its competitor BabyFirst.
- The channel, along with Fox Crime and FOX, was launched in India on 25 March 2009.
- In January 2011, BabyTV was added to the programming package of Dish Network on channel 126.
- On 1 December 2011, BabyTV was launched via SkyCable channel 140 and it will only be available through its digital platform.
- On 1 October 2012, BabyTV was launched via mio TV channel 244 and it will be the first to launch the channel in HDTV 16:9 Format.
- Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau are available on Now TV Channel 448, Macau Cable TV Channel 61 (SD) and 861 (HD) and Taiwan CATV Channel 311 (HD) and CHT MOD Channel 17.
- A Spanish language version is available in the United States on Dish Network.
- It is also available on OSN Network and BeIn Network with Arabic language.
- On March 20, 2019, the channel became a part of Disney Channels Worldwide as the result of definitive acquisition of 21st Century Fox by The Walt Disney Company.
BabyTV's original program library, which is developed in-house in co-operation with childhood development experts and content experts is built around nine developmental themes, which cover all early learning skill and developmental milestones for toddlers.
The nine categories, include the following. They are:
- First Concepts
- Nature & Animals
- Music & Art
- Imagination & Creativity
- Building Friendships
- Songs & Rhymes
- Guessing Games
BabyTV's video on demand service features edited segments of BabyTV programming, categorized into their nine developmental themes, in hundreds of half hour segments and is available in languages including English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin and Turkish. The on-demand channel is available on Singtel TV. It will be launched to StarHub TV in Singapore and other pay TV providers in Asia in the future.
BabyTV has introduced a DVD offering. "My First Years Library" is a library that covers early learning skills and developmental milestones that children encounter in their first years. BabyTV's DVD collection features segments of BabyTV content and includes some of the channel's leading characters, such as Pitch & Potch.
- BabyFirst - a baby channel that is a lot different from this channel
RR Media provides playout and uplink services to the BabyTV channel. Languages are encrypted and uplinked via Hotbird 6, Measat 3a and Galaxy 23.
- Doreen Carvajal, "BabyTV and BabyFirstTV target the diaper set", The New York Times, 18 May 2008.
- Candace Krieger, "The woman nurturing TV channel for babies", The Jewish Chronicle, 2 August 2012.
- Dade Hayes (2008). Anytime Playdate: Inside the Preschool Entertainment Boom, or, How Television Became My Baby's Best Friend. Simon and Schuster. pp. 153–157 and passim. ISBN 978-1-4165-6433-1.
- Baby Tv - FOX International Channels
- Baby TV launches on Sky - Tech News - Digital Spy
- Christine Ollivier, "France bans broadcast of TV shows for babies", Associated Press in Deseret News, 20 August 2008.
- BabyTV - programs
- BabyTV launches My First Years Library | Licensing Industry | News by Licensing.biz
- BabyTV case study in the RRsat Website