|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genre||Telenovela, drama, Comedy|
|Created by||Leonardo Padrón|
|Directed by||César Bolívar|
Juan Carlos García
|Opening theme||"Ciudad Bendita" by Roque Valero|
|Ending theme||"Ciudad Bendita" by Roque Valero|
|Country of origin||Venezuela|
|No. of episodes||214|
|Producer(s)||Carolina De Jacovo|
|Running time||40-44 minutes|
|Original release||July 25, 2006 – April 4, 2007|
|Preceded by||Los Querendones|
|Followed by||Voltea pa' que te enamores|
Ciudad Bendita is a Venezuelan telenovela produced and broadcast by Venevisión and distributed internationally by Venevisión International. The telenovela is an original story written by Leonardo Padrón.
Ciudad Bendita is a story of love set in the heat of a popular market, a love story between two peddlers, two losers, two people of the heap, as anonymous as any. Bendita Sanchez has a detail that obscures her beauty: she has a limp. On a bus trip back to Caracas she meets Juan Lobo, an ugly man that dreams of becoming a musician and he instantly falls in love with her.
The problem is that Bendita happens to love another: Yunior Mercado, a metrosexual playboy. And although Juan Lobo composes various songs to win her favor, she just sees him as a friend.
Ciudad Bendita is a great tribute to unrequited love, but It is also the story of a country, a people, an entire community living on poverty, a handful of survivors who dream of learning the key to happiness in the muddy streets of a Latin American city.
- Marisa Román as Bendita Sánchez
- Roque Valero as Juan Lobo
- Juan Carlos García as Yúnior Mercado.
- Alba Roversi as María Gabriela (Maga)
- Gledys Ibarra as Mercedes Zuleta (La Diabla)
- Nohely Arteaga as Magaly de Mercado (Doble M)
- Yanis Chimaras as Guaicaipuro Mercado (Puro).
- Denise Novell as Frida.
- Beatriz Valdés as Trina de Palacios.
- Caridad Canelón as Peregrina de Lobo.
- Henry Soto as Kike Palacios.
- Carlos Cruz as Baldomero Sánchez.
- Carlos Montilla as Darwin Manuel.
- Haydée Balza as Yajaira.
- Carlota Sosa as Julia Barrios de Venturini.
- Lourdes Valera as Francisca "Ñinguita" o Burusa
- Luis Gerónimo Abreu as Jorge Venturini (Grillo).
- Milena Santander as Prudencia Barrios.
- Guillermo Dávila as Macario.
- Manuel Salazar as Rotundo Quiñones.
- Daniela Bascopé as Fedora Palacios.
- Elaiza Gil as Mi Alma.
- Ana María Simons as Mediática.
- Andreína Yépez as Zulay Montiel(Barranco).
- Alejandro Corona as Etcétera.
- Jessica Grau as Marugenia Torrealba (Maru).
- Iván Romero as Kenny G
- María Cristina Lozada as Consuelo.
- Carlos Villamizar as Robinson Sánchez.
- Freddy Galavís as Ismael Lobo.
- Mirtha Borges as Bertha - Jacinta.
- Pedro Durán as Cafecito.
- Humberto García as Fausto.
- Jean Paul Leroux as Jerry Colón.
- Anastasia Mazzone as Kimberly Mercado (Ojos Grises).
- Laureano Olivares as Julio Augusto Sánchez (Cachete).
- Susej Vera as Valentina.
- Josemith Bermúdez as Tiki.
- Antonio Delli as Gonzalo Venturini.
- Erika Pacheco as Vera.
- Adriana Romero as Yamilé.
- Paula Woyzechowsky as Rosita.
- Eva Blanco as Greta.
- Simón Rojas as Cheo.
- Deive Garcés as Ricardo.
- Martín Lantigua as Tobias.
- Danayzet Faure as Rosalba.
- Guatemala Guatevision
- Ecuador TC Televisión
- Colombia Caracol TV
- Honduras Canal 5 El Lider
- Paraguay Canal 13
- Mexico Galavision
- United States Telefutura
- Dominican Republic Antena Latina y Venevision+Plus Dominicana
- Venezuela Venevision Plus 09 de enero del 2012 4pm